Instruction of use:
PERFUME BASE- NATURAL PERFUME-BIO
Ethanol 96.2%, natural sugar cane alcohol. Fully Denatured
INCI name: Alcohol Denat, fully denatured alcohol
SYNONYMS: Ethanol, Double Rectified Absolute Alcohol, TSDA, Ethyl Alcohol Absolute Denatured
COMMON NAMES: Perfume base, Perfumer’s alcohol, Perfume solvent. Ethanol 96.2% Fully denatured, Fully denatured ethanol.
SKU code: Scent004
EXTRACTION METHOD: Ethyl alcohol obtained by direct fermentation and distillation of Sugarcane.
ORIGIN: South Africa
INGREDIENTS*: (ENA)* rectified sugarcane ethanol (96.2% purity), denaturants.
CHARACTERISTICS: soluble in water in any proportion and dissolves oils, essential oils, and absolutes oils.
APPEARANCE: clear, colourless liquid
ODOUR: none noticeable, slight sweet odour from sugarcane.
QUALITY: Fully denatured, Natural, EXTRA NEUTRAL Ethyl Alcohol [ENA], from sustainable sugarcane (96.2% purity). To be used as a Perfume base for Premium Natural perfumes formulations Fully denatured**, NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. Our neutral perfume base is specially formulated for natural perfumery, contains a natural alcohol and is free of phthalate or glycol and methanol.
STORAGE CONDITION: keep away from heat, sparks, and open flames. No smoking. Keep container tightly closed.
CAUTION: flammable product until mixed with right dosage of water.
Do not use to create products that will be used with, near or on open flames (not in candles, perfumes burners…)
CONTAINS NO FIXATIVES, NO PHTHALATES AND NO GLYCOLS, NO METHANOL
*ENA is a grade of ethyl alcohol (Ethanol). ENA stands for Extra Neutral Alcohol. It is derived from sugarcane molasses distilled multiple times and has higher levels of purity.
**Denatured alcohol is ethyl alcohol (Ethanol) to which is added minute amounts of denaturants to make the mixture unfit for human consumption.
Our Perfume base has been denatured with Bittrex (0.001% denatonium benzoate) and Butyl alcohol (to 0.01%), two eco-friendly denaturants, inert to the skin and odourless.
Used in minute quantities They brings a disgusting taste to the products ensuring that it will not be ingested, deterring children and pets from swallowing the product.
Base ingredient for Natural perfumery, cosmetic and hygiene ingredient.
Our natural perfume base is formulated using only natural ingredients and sugarcane alcohol (ethanol). The denaturing agent chosen has been approved for use in organic cosmetic formulations. All the ingredients have been selected for their good biodegradability. Our natural perfume base is respectful of nature and of your skin and is a product of South Africa. Entirely customizable to create your very own natural perfumes, body, and hair sprays, and to preserve your water-based products the natural way. You can use it to create natural soothing or relaxing herbal formula or toner with essential oils.
Base ingredient for Natural perfumery: perfumes, house, or room fragrances,
Cosmetic ingredient for water-based products and for oil-in-water creations (Aloe vera, hydrosol, floral water, essential oils in water mists and sprays. (dissolve essential oils in alcohol, then add water) ratio is 25% alcohol in water, Aloe vera or hydrosols.
Natural hygiene base for anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungi sanitation, sprays…ratio is 25% alcohol for 75% water.
It is also an excellent carrier for pure essential oils and a good support for aromatherapy preparations (sprays, mists, frictions).
In cosmetics, use the natural perfume base to make topical roll-ons recipes to target specific spots. Alcohol promotes the penetration of active ingredients contained in essential oils. Use as a toner or a spot disinfectant. Follow by a good moisturizer.
HOW TO USE:
CHOOSE THE TYPE OF FRAGRANCE YOU WISH TO MAKE (CONCENTRATION OF YOUR FRAGRANCE)
Perfumes:15 to 20% of pure essential oils concentration in 80% to 85% perfume base
Eau de parfum (EdP): 8% to 20% essentials oils concentration in 92% to 80% perfume base
Eau de toilette (EdT): 6% to 12% of essential oils in 94% to 88% perfume base
Fresh water or Cologne: 5% of essential oils 95% perfume base.
TO MAKE A FRESH WATER OR COLOGNE TYPE FRAGRANCE:
PERFUME BASE + ESSENTIAL OILS OR NATURAL FRAGRANCES (2 TO 5% MAX)
FOR 10ML PERFUME BASE ADD 0.3ML (MAX) = 7 DROPS IN TOTAL ESSENTIAL OILS
FOR 50 ML PERFUME BASE ADD 1.75 ML (MAX) = 35 DROPS IN TOTAL ESSENTIAL OILS
If you intend to blend several essential oils, do not exceed the total safe dosage mentioned above.
TO MAKE A PERFUME TYPE FRAGRANCE:
PERFUME BASE + ESSENTIAL OILS OR NATURAL FRAGRANCE (15% MAX)
FOR 10ML PERFUME BASE ADD 1.5 ML (MAX) = 30 DROPS IN TOTAL NATURAL FRAGRANCE OIL
FOR 50 ML PERFUME BASE ADD 7,5 ML (MAX) = 150 DROPS IN TOTAL NATURAL FRAGRANCE OIL
In your perfume bottle, add your essential oil(s) or fragrance oils. Start by your base notes. Stir and mix. Smell. Then add your middle notes, and finally your top notes. Take time in between each step to stir, mix, smell, ponder, adjust…
When you are happy with your blend (or “juice”), add the perfume base in proportion.
Shake your preparation and leave to mature, away from light for 4 weeks before enjoying.
- Not for human consumption. External uses only
- This liquid and his vapors are highly flammable. (Flammable liquid3): keep away from heat, sparks, and open flames.
- Avoid inhaling vapors and always mix outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep bottle tightly closed before and after use.
- Alcohol denat. is not recommended for extremely sensitive skin such as babies. It can be irritating and can tend to dry out the skin.
- Do not mix with bleach and other chemicals.
- Avoid eye contact and refer to the chosen essential oil/fragrance page before use.
- Always perform a patch-test before using your creation, to check for adverse reactions (irritations, stinging, respiratory discomfort...)
- Do not use on babies, infants, toddlers, and children before 7 years old.
- Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding, nursing with your own milk.
- Do not use Perfume base in an electronic diffuser.
- For all topical uses: Use only with non-dermo-caustic essential oils (non-irritating to the skin)
- citrus essential oils can be irritating to the skin and react to sunlight (irritations, burning). Please use caution when using lemon, orange, neroli, petitgrain, grapefruit, bergamot essential oils.
- Spicy essential oils can be irritant to the skin and react to sunlight (irritations, burning). Please use lower dosage (max 1%= 3 drops max for 10 ml) when using cinnamon, tea tree, ginger…