HOMEMADE COSMETICS BEST PRACTICES - READ BEFORE ANY PREPARATION
Here at eOil.co.za, we wanted to provide you with a range of natural and organic neutral and stable base cosmetic creams, lotions, shampoos, and conditioner products that have been specifically formulated with customization in mind. They are all already preserved with organic COSMOS and Ecocert approved preservative.
However, if you really wish to make your own product from scratch, here are
SOME GOOD PRACTICE ADVICES AND WARNINGS:
- Some ingredients can be allergenic: always perform a PATCH TEST.
- All cosmetic products using a water-based ingredient (water, hydrolat) are extremely sensitive to microbe’s infestation. It is therefore essential to respect perfect hygiene rules in the making of your homemade products:
- Disinfect utensils and containers that will be used: either by passing them for 10 minutes in boiling water (excluding plastic containers and pumps) and then drying them carefully with a clean, dry cloth, either by rinsing them with pharmacy alcohol and then letting them dry in the open air.
- Wash your hands carefully and wear clean gloves.
- Avoid contacts with the preparation and ingredients with your bare hands.
- 4. Keep your sensitive preparations in the fridge and use them
- 5. Use tested and efficient preservative to sanitize your creation.
- Do not hesitate to discard your preparation at the slightest formation of mold or of unpleasant odor, change of appearance.
- Heating up and melting of certain ingredients will sometimes be necessary. Ensure the necessary precautions are being followed to avoid burns and projections. It is advisable to wear goggles. Keep children away. Do not leave young children alone, to and when preparing hot phases.
- Label your preparations carefully with all the ingredients list, the intended uses, targeted users, and date. keep out of the reach of children.
The recipes available on our website and in our documentation are examples of the use of our and other natural ingredients; these examples cannot in any way engage our responsibility. They cannot be used for commercial purposes.