MAKE YOUR SLOW COSMETICS
All cosmetics containing an aqueous phase (water, hydrolate) are very liable to microbiological contamination. So, it is essential to manufacture your home-made creams in very hygienic conditions.
1. Sanitize the utensils and containers before use: either by immersing them in boiling water for 10 minutes (excluding plastic containers and pumps) and drying them thoroughly with a clean and dry cloth or by rinsing them with pharmacy alcohol.
2. Wash your hands before getting started and wear clean gloves.
3. Avoid touching the preparation and ingredients with your hands.
4. Store the temperature-sensitive preparations in cool conditions and use them quickly.
5. Immediately throw away any preparation when you notice the slightest amount of mould, an objectionable odour or changes in its appearance etc. •