Yellow Dock Dried Root ( Rumex crispus ) - 75 g - Herbal Collection
We have run out of stock for this item.
Yellow Dock Dried Root (Rumex crispus) - 75 g - Herbal Collection
Yellow dock root, derived from the Rumex crispus plant, is a traditional herbal remedy with various properties and benefits:
- Detoxification: Yellow dock root is known for its detoxifying effects, as it helps stimulate the liver and supports the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Digestive Aid: Yellow dock root is considered a digestive tonic, as it aids in digestion and helps alleviate issues like constipation and indigestion due to its mild laxative properties.
- Antioxidant: Yellow dock root contains antioxidants that help combat free radicals in the body, contributing to overall health and potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory: Yellow dock root has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms associated with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or skin irritations.
- Skin Health: Yellow dock root has been traditionally used for skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and rashes due to its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties. It may help promote healing and alleviate itching and discomfort.
- Immune Support: The vitamin C content in yellow dock root can help support the immune system, promoting overall health and wellness.
- Iron Absorption: Yellow dock root is known to enhance the absorption of iron, making it beneficial for individuals with anemia or low iron levels.
Note: Although yellow dock root has various benefits, it is essential to use it responsibly and consult a healthcare professional before incorporating it into your routine, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or have a pre-existing health condition.
Translation in English by Google Translate (go to the page of the source linked | on Chrome cellphones go on the 3 dots on the top right and select translate in your preferred language | on laptop right click your mouse and select option translate when hoovering on the page
International Latin denomination
Description and habitat
- Herbaceous slopes with lanceolate, wavy, more or less tense leaves, up to one meter in height
- Flowers small, greenish or reddish, the fruit is a trigonal achene
- Native to Europe and Western Asia
History and tradition
- Patience grows on soils full of fertilizers, they purify the soil
- They are used in medicine for similar indications (signature medicine)
Dosage forms available
- Rumex crispus tincture underground part (whole plant)
- Rumex patientia tincture = Rumex patience (whole plant )
- Rumex acetosella tincture = Rumex sheep sorrel (whole plant)
- Rumex alpinus tincture = Alpine Rumex (whole plant)
- Rumex aquaticus tincture = Aquatic Rumex (whole plant )
Main components of the plant
Main components of buds or young shoots
Main components of essential oil
- Depurative and laxative
- The effect of anthraquinones is tempered by the presence of tannins
- Tonic and anti-anemic (presence of iron)
- Anti-ulcer 
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial  , 
- The Rumex extract is an inhibitor of tyrosinase (= catechol oxidase), an enzyme which causes the oxidation of phenols (such as tyrosine)
Properties of essential oil
Indications of the whole plant (phytotherapy)
- Fatigue, asthenia, anemia
- Detoxification in overload pathologies
- Homeopathic indications ( Rumex crispus ): 
- Draughty rhinitis, respiratory sensitivity to drafts, cough on fresh air
- Urgent morning diarrhea
Indications of the bud (gemmotherapy)
Specific indications of essential oil (aromatherapy)
Known or suspected mode of action
- Laxative effect of anthraquinones
- French Pharmacopoeia list A (root)
Possible side effects and precautions for use
- Avoid in case of hyperuricemia and oxalic kidney stones (presence of oxalates)
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation
- Go↑ Gürbüz I, Ozkan AM, Yesilada E, Kutsal O. Anti-ulcerogenic activity of some plants used in folk medicine of Pinarbasi (Kayseri, Turkey). J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):313-8. PMID 16085377
- Go↑ Joy R. Borchardt, Donald L. Wyse, Craig C. Sheaffer, Kendra L. Kauppi, R. Gary Fulcher, Nancy J. Ehlke, David D. Biesboer, Russell F Bey. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of seed from plants of the Mississippi river basin. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research Vol. 3(10), October 2009, pp. 707-718
- Go↑ Ali Yıldırım, Ahmet Mavi, Ayşe Aydan Kara. Determination of Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Rumex crispus L. Extracts. J. Agric. Food Chem., 2001, 49 (8), pp 4083–4089. DOI: 10.1021/jf0103572
- Go↑ Guermonprez, Pinkas, Torck. Homeopathic Materia Medica. Ed. Doin. Paris. 1985, Boiron reissue. 1997.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from light. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of Children and pets.
Do not exceed the daily dose.
This product is not intended to prevent or cure any form of illness or disease.
If you are pregnant or nursing ; If you have a medical condition or are in the course of medical treatment ; If you are programmed for theater/operation in the near future, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product cannot replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This product has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.