Quassia Chips Dried (Quassia amara) - 100 g - Herbal collection
Dried Quassia Chips - 100 g - Herbal collection
May help with
- anti malaria activity
Translation in English by Google Translate (go to the page of the source linked | on Chrome cellphones go on the 3 dots on the top right and select translate in your preferred language | on laptop right click your mouse and select option translate when hoovering on the page
International Latin denomination
Description and habitat
- Tree 12 to 15 m tall, with a thick, straight trunk, light gray bark, ash-like in appearance, spreading branches with alternate leaves, oddly-pinnately compound, oval-oblong leaflets 4 to 8 cm long
- Cymes of small, yellowish-green flowers, male or hermaphroditic, the fruit is a blackish drupe
- In the West Indies, Martinique and Guadeloupe, Jamaica
History and tradition
- Used in folk medicine to treat tumors and malaria
- Wood, very bitter yellowish wood chips
Dosage forms available
- Wood tincture
Main components of the plant
Main components of buds or young shoots
Main components of essential oil
- Febrifuge, bitter tonic, antimalarial activity
- Anti-cancer, antitumor activity against leukemia, skin and colon tumors
- Antiulcer, laxative, atrigent (tonic)
- Anthelmintic, parasiticide (protozoocide)
Properties of essential oil
Indications of the whole plant (phytotherapy)
- Leukemia, skin and colon tumors (?)
Indications of the bud (gemmotherapy)
Specific indications of essential oil (aromatherapy)
Known or suspected mode of action
Possible side effects and precautions for use
- Quassine toxicity
- Nevertheless the quassia extract is recognized as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe (en)) under the fema number 2971
Store in a cool, dry place, away from light. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of Children and pets.
Do not exceed the daily dose.
This product is not intended to prevent or cure any form of illness or disease.
If you are pregnant or nursing ; If you have a medical condition or are in the course of medical treatment ; If you are programmed for theater/operation in the near future, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product cannot replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This product has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.