Elder flowers Herbal Extract - Vegetable Glycerine - 50 ml
Sambucus nigra flores ( Elderflowers ) Glycerite
Elderflower tincture is a herbal preparation made by steeping the flowers of the elder (Sambucus nigra) plant in alcohol.
It has a long history of use in traditional medicine and is known for its various health benefits.
Some of the key properties and benefits of elderflower tincture include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Elderflower tincture has been known to exhibit anti-inflammatory effects, which can help reduce swelling and alleviate pain in conditions like arthritis or other inflammatory disorders.
- Immune system support: Elderflower is rich in antioxidants, including flavonoids and phenolic acids, which help strengthen the immune system and protect the body against infections.
- Respiratory health: Elderflower tincture has been traditionally used to alleviate symptoms of colds, flu, and other respiratory infections. It acts as an expectorant, helping to clear mucus from the lungs and ease congestion.
- Antiviral properties: Some studies have suggested that elderflower possesses antiviral properties, which may help combat viral infections like the common cold and influenza.
- Allergy relief: Elderflower tincture may provide relief from seasonal allergies, as it is believed to have antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate symptoms such as sneezing, itching, and nasal congestion.
- Diuretic effects: Elderflower has mild diuretic properties, which can aid in flushing out excess fluids from the body and help relieve symptoms of edema or water retention.
- Digestive health: The tincture has traditionally been used to soothe digestive issues such as indigestion, gas, and bloating. Its anti-inflammatory properties may also help alleviate symptoms of inflammatory bowel conditions.
- Skin health: Elderflower tincture can be applied topically to the skin to reduce inflammation, soothe irritation, and promote healing in cases of minor wounds, burns, or insect bites.
- Relaxant: Some people use elderflower tincture to help promote relaxation and reduce stress, as it has mild sedative properties.
It's important to note that while many people have experienced benefits from using elderflower tincture, scientific research on its effectiveness is limited. As with any herbal remedy, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional before using elderflower tincture to ensure it's appropriate for your specific needs and to discuss potential interactions with medications or other health conditions.