Synergies | Recipes - Mystical Myrrh Perfume Blend
- Myrrh essential oil (Commiphora myrrha) - 10 drops
- Sandalwood essential oil (Santalum album) - 8 drops
- Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia carterii) - 6 drops
- Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia) - 4 drops
- Jojoba carrier oil (Simmondsia chinensis) - 30 ml (2 Tbsp or 1 oz)
How to mix the ingredients:
- In a clean 30 ml glass bottle or roller bottle, add the essential oils in the specified quantities: 10 drops of Myrrh, 8 drops of Sandalwood, 6 drops of Frankincense, and 4 drops of Lavender.
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with Jojoba carrier oil.
- Gently shake the bottle to blend the oils together.
- Allow your perfume to rest for a day or two for the all the aromas to merge and mature.
Undiluted essential oils can be added pure, drop by drop, directly into your special diffuser as per manufacturer or recipe directions. Always wash your hands thoroughly with a soft soap after manipulating essential oils. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membrane. Keep your diffuser (and its cords) away from the reach of children and pets. See safety uses page.
But, applying 100% pure, undiluted oils directly to the skin may cause irritation or adverse reactions. It is crucial therefore, to always dilute 100% pure essential oils with an adequate carrier for and before any skin contact uses.
To conduct a patch test: dilute a small amount of the essential oil in a carrier oil and apply it to a small area of your skin. Wait for 24 hours to observe any signs of redness, itching, or irritation.
If you experience any adverse reactions, discontinue use immediately and consult a healthcare professional. Remember, essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts and should be used with caution to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.