Astragalus Root Cut Dried - Herbal Collection - 75 g
Astragalus Root Cut Dried ( Astragalus membranaceus ) - 75 g
Astragalus, also known as Astragalus membranaceus or Huang Qi, is a perennial plant native to China, Mongolia, and Korea. It has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and other traditional medicine systems for its various health-promoting properties.
Some of the key benefits, properties, and traditional uses of astragalus include:
- Immune system support: Astragalus is known for its immunomodulatory effects, helping to strengthen the immune system and protect the body against infections. It is believed to increase the production of white blood cells and stimulate the body's natural defense mechanisms.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Astragalus contains compounds such as saponins, flavonoids, and polysaccharides, which may help reduce inflammation in the body. This makes it potentially beneficial for those with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or asthma.
- Adaptogenic properties: Astragalus is considered an adaptogen, meaning it may help the body cope with various types of stress, both physical and mental. It can help improve energy levels and increase resistance to fatigue.
- Cardiovascular health: Astragalus has been used traditionally to support heart health by improving blood flow, reducing cholesterol levels, and preventing the formation of blood clots. It may also help protect the heart from oxidative damage.
- Kidney health: In TCM, astragalus has been used to support kidney function and prevent kidney-related issues such as urinary tract infections and chronic kidney disease.
- Respiratory health: Astragalus is traditionally used for respiratory conditions like chronic bronchitis, asthma, and other lung-related issues. It is believed to help improve lung function and reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract.
- Antioxidant properties: The compounds in astragalus have strong antioxidant properties, which can help protect the body from oxidative stress and free radical damage. This may reduce the risk of chronic diseases and promote overall health.
- Wound healing: Traditionally, astragalus has been used topically to promote wound healing and reduce inflammation at the site of injury.
- Anti-aging properties: Some research suggests that astragalus may help slow down the aging process by reducing the damage caused by free radicals and promoting cellular health.
- Blood sugar regulation: Astragalus has been used traditionally to help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, making it potentially beneficial for those with diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
Translation in English by Google Translate (go to the page of the source linked | on Chrome cellphones go on the 3 dots on the top right and select translate in your preferred language | on laptop right click your mouse and select option translate when hoovering on the page
International Latin denomination
Description and habitat
- Perennial plant of shores, estuaries and pine forests in Asia
- Grows spontaneously in China, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea where it is also cultivated, as well as in Mongolia and Siberia
History and tradition
- Widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), as a tonic, to prevent weakening of the patient, protect against infections and increase endurance
- Astragalus membranaceus var. mongholicus (Bge.) Hsiao and Astragalus membranaceus (Fisch.) Bge. are indicated in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia to treat "Qi deficiencies", and current studies show anti-inflammatory, immunostimulant, antioxidant, anti-cancer, antidiabetic, cardioprotective, hepatoprotective, antiviral effects 
- Traditionally used as a preventive measure, in particular against respiratory infections, nephritis, uterine bleeding, diabetes mellitus, chronic bronchitis, urinary retention, leprosy and sequelae of cerebrovascular accidents 
- Also in Kempo (traditional Japanese medicine)
- Root taken from a four to seven year old plant
Dosage forms available
- Root powder 4g to 7g/day (up to 30g/day  ), dry extract (1:8) 250mg, 2 to 3 times/day
Main components of the plant
- Polysaccharides : Astragalus polysaccharides ( APS , α- (1 → 4) -D-glucan), named Astragalus polysaccharides A, B, C and D, astragalane , astraglucane AMem-P
- Triterpenic saponosides: astragalosides , named I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X or Astragalus Saponin ( ASP ), isoastragaloside I, II, III, IV, cycloastragenol (aglycone of the astragaloside IV)
- Flavonoids  ,  ,  ,  : calycosin ( calycoside ), formononetin ( isoflavone metabolized to daidzein ), astragalin (3-O b glucoside of kaempferol ), ononin
- Amino acids and GABA
- Lignanes : laricirésinol, syringarésinol
- Sterols : sitosterol , daucosterol
- Trace elements (iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese, cobalt, calcium, potassium)
Main components of buds or young shoots
Main components of essential oil
- Adaptogen  , improves muscle performance  , immunomodulating, anti-tumor, antiviral  , anti-diabetic, anti-aging ( polysaccharides , triterpenes , flavonoids )  ,  , 
- Immunostimulant  ,  , astragaloside IV (AG-IV) and cycloastragenol (CAG), have been shown to enhance CD8+ T cell proliferative response 
- Stimulates nitric oxide (NO) production and induces NO synthase (iNOS) production and transcription in macrophages  , activates B cells and macrophages, without activating T cells  , increases cytotoxicity Natural Killers 
- Immunomodulant, may act in graft versus host disease [21 ]
- Acts as a catalyst for interferon, which would increase antibody levels in nasal secretions and in the blood, increases the cytotoxicity of interleukin (polysaccharide fraction) 
- Powerful immunorestorative activity in vitro  ,  , 
- Improves immunity in Herpes recurrences by regulating Th1/Th2 balance (decreases IL-4 and IL-10 levels, decreases IL-2 and IFN-gamma) 
- Enhances antibody response to an antigen with increased T-helper cell activity in normal and immunosuppressed mice  , 
- The decoction increased the phagocytic activity of the reticuloendothelial system 
- Immunomodulating effect, could play a favorable role in autoimmune reactions:
- In experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, by decreasing the inflammatory response and demyelination, inhibiting T cell proliferation, and down-regulating pro-inflammatory cytokines  ,  ,  , may induce remyelination 
- In experimental autoimmune myocarditis, moderates the elevation of Th1 cytokines (IFN-γ and IL-2), increases Th2 cytokines (IL-4 and IL-10), protecting myocardial cells from functional and morphological cardiac alterations 
- In rheumatoid arthritis, decreased joint inflammation and serum TNF-α and IL1-β concentrations 
- Antitumor activity  , inducer of apoptosis in colon cancer  ,  and hepatocarcinoma  , 
- Improves the tolerance of anti-cancer drugs, in intravenous injection in conjunction with conventional treatment 
- Preventive of anticancer drug resistance by action on P-glycoprotein (H22 hepatoma cell lines resistant to Adriamycin) 
- Anti-inflammatory, protection against gastrointestinal cancers 
- Protect bone marrow cells
- Antidiabetic potential  ,  ,  ,  , inhibition of alpha-glucosidase 
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-atheroclerotic by action on adhesion molecules 
- Induction of growth hormone 
- Anti-aging by activating telomerase:
- Telomerase is a transcriptase enzyme that extends the main strand of DNA by adding TTAGGG base repeats to the end of the telomere. The maintenance of telomere length by telomerase has been shown to be strongly correlated with the lifespan of normal cells and the immortality of cancer cells. Aging of most somatic cells is accompanied by a decline in telomerase activity until it is undetectable, and leads to telomere shortening with each cell division .
- An extract from the root of Astragalus membranaceus rich in astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol (TA-65) activates telomerase activity and increases the average length of telomeres  ,  ,  , reduces the percentage of telomeres too short and DNA damage in mouse embryonic fibroblasts with haploinsufficiency  ,  cycloastragenol activates telomerase in neuronal cells 
- Two isomers found in the root of Astragalus membranaceus var. mongholicus (HDTIC-1 and HDTIC-2) slow the rate of telomere shortening by attenuating oxidative stress  and delay replicative senescence of human fetal lung fibroblasts by inhibiting the expression of the protein p16 involved in triggering senescence 
- Astragaloside IV is converted by deglycosylation in the gastrointestinal tract to cycloastragenol , its aglycone
- The ingestion of TA-65 based on cycloastragenol by elderly subjects for one year, in discontinuous courses, led to an increase in the length of telomeres in leukocytes (double-blind study against placebo) .
- In vivo, a decrease in the percentage of senescent cytotoxic T cells is observed with a significant reduction in the percentage of short telomeres .
- Antioxidant ( astragalosides , flavonoids , polysaccharides ), heart, brain, kidney, intestine, liver, lung protection  , free radical scavenger (hydroxyl radical and hydrogen peroxide) 
- Cardiovascular prevention, improvement of metabolic syndrome markers ( Astragalus polysaccharides ) 
- Vascular protector, protects the vascular endothelium 
- Kidney Protector 
- Neuroprotector of dopaminergic neurons ( astragaloside IV), potentialities in Parkinson's disease  , increase in neuronal plasticity 
- Protector of the blood-brain barrier during the mechanism of ischemia/reperfusion in rats 
- Anticonvulsant (saponoside fraction) 
- The active components of Astragalus, such as those of Epimedium and Radix Puerariae reduce cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease, exert a neuroprotective effect by reducing iron overload in the brain, inhibit the accumulation of β-plaques amyloids and may provide a new approach for the development of drugs against Alzheimer's disease 
- Anti-allergic 
- Anti-asthmatic  ,  , probably by inhibition of Th2 and TGF-β1 cytokines 
- Potentialities in the treatment of hepatic fibrosis 
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic activity
- Rebalancing of the intestinal flora in aged mice 
- The fruit has anti-osteoporotic properties 
Properties of essential oil
Indications of the whole plant (phytotherapy)
- Recurrent infections
- Prevention of respiratory infections, prevention and treatment of colds
- Glomerulonephritis and Ig A nephropathy 
- Improved athletic performance
- Lupus (?) 
- Cancers (?)
- Cancer of the colon (?)  , of the stomach (?)  , of the non-small cell lung  , association with anti-cancer drugs (?)
- Prevention of aging (?)
- Alzheimer's disease (?)
Indications of the bud (gemmotherapy)
Specific indications of essential oil (aromatherapy)
Known or suspected mode of action
- cycloastragenol is well absorbed by the intestinal epithelium, but its metabolism during its first hepatic passage would limit its oral bioavailability  , biliary, faecal, renal elimination, there is an enterohepatic cycle (in rats)
Possible side effects and precautions for use
- Mild gastrointestinal disorders (possible diarrhea)
- Mild allergic reactions ( Fabaceae allergy )
- Possible increase in diuresis
- No adverse effects were observed in mice after oral administration of a dose of up to 100 g/kg 
- Astragaloside IV ( AGS-IV) is a potent CYP1A2 inhibitor ( in vitro and in vivo rat studies ) 
- Possible interactions with drugs metabolized by UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (mainly UGT1A8 or UGT2B7), phase II enzymes responsible for glucurono-conjugation, if the plasma concentration is greater than 0.034 μM for astragaloside IV and 20.98 μM for cycloastragenol [85 ] v
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Avoid in subjects on immunosuppressive therapy and in hematopoietic cancers (due to stimulation of hematopoiesis)
- Go↑ Ma XQ, Shi Q, Duan JA, Dong TT, Tsim KW. Chemical analysis of Radix Astragali (Huangqi) in China: a comparison with its adulterants and seasonal variations. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Aug 14;50(17):4861-6. PMID 12166972
- Go↑ Li X, Qu L, Dong Y, Han L, Liu E, Fang S, Zhang Y, Wang T. A review of recent research progress on the astragalus genus. Molecules. 2014 Nov 17;19(11):18850-80. doi: 10.3390/molecules191118850. PMID 25407722
- ↑Go to :3,0 3,1 3,2 et 3,3 WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants - Volume 1 - Radix Astragali texte intégral
- Go↑ Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China (English ed.). Guangzhou, Guangdong Science and Technology Press, 1992
- Go↑ Long-Ze Lin, Xian-Guo He, Michael Lindenmaier, Gary Nolan, Jie Yang, Michael Cleary , Sheng-Xiang Qiu , Geoffrey A. Cordell. ￼Liquid chromatography–electrospray ionization mass spectrometry study of the flavonoids of the roots of Astragalus mongholicus and A. membranaceus. Journal of Chromatography A, 876 (2000) 87–95texte intégral
- Go↑ Ma X, Zhang T, Wei Y, Tu P, Chen Y, Ito Y. Preparative isolation and purification of calycosin from Astragalus membranaceus Bge. var. mongholicus (Bge.) Hsiao by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2002 Jul 12;962(1-2):243-7. PMID 12198969
- Go↑ Ma X, Tu P, Chen Y, Zhang T, Wei Y, Ito Y. Preparative isolation and purification of isoflavan and pterocarpan glycosides from Astragalus membranaceus Bge. var. mongholicus (Bge.) Hsiao by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2004 Jan 16;1023(2):311-5. PMID 14753698
- Go↑ Bratkov VM, Shkondrov AM, Zdraveva PK, Krasteva IN. Flavonoids from the Genus Astragalus: Phytochemistry and Biological Activity. Pharmacogn Rev. 2016 Jan-Jun;10(19):11-32. doi: 10.4103/0973-7847.176550. PMID 27041870
- Go↑ Winston David, Maimes Steven. Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief, Healing Arts Press, 2007
- Go↑ Yeh TS, Chuang HL, Huang WC, Chen YM, Huang CC, Hsu MC. Astragalus membranaceus improves exercise performance and ameliorates exercise-induced fatigue in trained mice. Molecules. 2014 Mar 3;19(3):2793-807. doi: 10.3390/molecules19032793. PMID 24595275
- Go↑ Zhang P, Liu X, Liu H, Wang W, Liu X, Li X, Wu X. Astragalus polysaccharides inhibit avian infectious bronchitis virus infection by regulating viral replication. Microb Pathog. 2018 Jan;114:124-128. doi: 10.1016/j.micpath.2017.11.026. PMID 29170045
- Go↑ Zhang Q, Gao WY, Man SL. Chemical composition and pharmacological activities of astragali radix. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2012 Nov;37(21):3203-7. PMID 23397713
- Go↑ Ren S, Zhang H, Mu Y, Sun M, Liu P. Pharmacological effects of Astragaloside IV: a literature review. J Tradit Chin Med. 2013 Jun;33(3):413-6. PMID 24024343
- Go↑ Li L, Hou X, Xu R, Liu C, Tu M. Research review on the pharmacological effects of astragaloside IV. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2017 Feb;31(1):17-36. doi: 10.1111/fcp.12232. PMID 27567103
- Go↑ Shao BM, Xu W, Dai H, Tu P, Li Z, Gao XM. A study on the immune receptors for polysaccharides from the roots of Astragalus membranaceus, a Chinese medicinal herb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004 Aug 6;320(4):1103-11. PMID 15249203
- Go↑ Denzler KL, Waters R, Jacobs BL, Rochon Y, Langland JO. Regulation of inflammatory gene expression in PBMCs by immunostimulatory botanicals. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 3;5(9):e12561. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0012561. PMID 20838436
- Go↑ Yung LY, Lam WS, Ho MK, Hu Y, Ip FC, Pang H, Chin AC, Harley CB, Ip NY, Wong YH. Astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol stimulate the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in multiple cell types. Planta Med. 2012 Jan;78(2):115-21. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1280346. PMID 22083896
- Go↑ Kun Yeong Lee, Young Jin Jeon. Macrophage activation by polysaccharide isolated from Astragalus membranaceus. International Immunopharmacology, Volume 5, Issues 7-8, July 2005, Pages 1225-1233. PMID 15914327
- Go↑ Bao-Mei Shao, Wen Xu, Hui Dai, Pengfei Tu, Zhongjun Li, Xiao-Ming Gao. A study on the immune receptors for polysaccharides from the roots of Astragalus membranaceus, a Chinese medicinal herb. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 320, Issue 4, 6 August 2004, Pages 1103-1111 PMID 15249203
- Go↑ Zhao XZ. Effects of Astragalus membranaceus and Tripterygium hypoglancum on natural killer cell activity of peripheral blood mononuclear in systemic lupus erythematosus. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 1992 Nov;12(11):669-71, 645. PMID 1301849
- Go↑ Chu DT, Wong WL, Mavligit GM. Immunotherapy with Chinese medicinal herbs. I. Immune restoration of local xenogeneic graft-versus-host reaction in cancer patients by fractionated Astragalus membranaceus in vitro. J Clin Lab Immunol. 1988 Mar;25(3):119-23. PMID 3260960
- Go↑ Chu DT, Lepe-Zuniga J, Wong WL, LaPushin R, Mavligit GM. Fractionated extract of Astragalus membranaceus, a Chinese medicinal herb, potentiates LAK cell cytotoxicity generated by a low dose of recombinant interleukin-2. J Clin Lab Immunol. 1988 Aug;26(4):183-7. PMID 3264344
- Go↑ Chu DT, Wong WL, Mavligit GM. Immunotherapy with Chinese medicinal herbs. II. Reversal of cyclophosphamide-induced immune suppression by administration of fractionated Astragalus membranaceus in vivo. J Clin Lab Immunol. 1988 Mar;25(3):125-9. PMID 3260961
- Go↑ Jiao Y, Wen J, Yu X. Influence of flavonoid of Astragalus membranaceus's stem and leaves on the function of cell mediated immunity in mice. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 1999 Jun;19(6):356-8. PMID 11783202
- Go↑ Tan Benny K.H., Vanitha J. Immunomodulatory and Antimicrobial Effects of Some Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbs: A Review. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 2004, 11, 1423-1430. Texte intégral : 
- Go↑ Mao SP, Cheng KL, Zhou YF. Modulatory effect of Astragalus membranaceus on Th1/Th2 cytokine in patients with herpes simplex keratitis. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2004 Feb;24(2):121-3. PMID 15015443
- Go↑ Zhou KS, Mancini C, Doria G. Enhancement of the immune response in mice by Astragalus membranaceus extracts. Immunopharmacology, 1990, 20:225–233
- Go↑ Chang HM, But PPH, eds. Pharmacology and applications of Chinese materia medica, Vol. 2. Singapore, World Scientific Publishing, 1987
- Go↑ Sun, Y., Wang, S., Jin, H., & Cheng, X. (2014). Effects and Potential Mechanisms on Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis by Astragalus polysaccharides. 14th National Symposium on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Go↑ Yang, L., Han, X., Xing, F., Wu, H., Shi, H., Huang, F., ... & Wu, X. (2021). Total flavonoids of astragalus attenuates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by suppressing the activation and inflammatory responses of microglia via JNK/AKT/NFκB signaling pathway. Phytomedicine, 80, 153385.
- Go↑ Sun, Y., Jing, Y., Huang, M., Ma, J., Peng, X., Wang, J., ... & Cheng, X. (2019). The PD-1/PD-Ls pathway is up-regulated during the suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis treated by Astragalus polysaccharides. Journal of neuroimmunology, 332, 78-90.
- Go↑ Ye N, Cruz J, Peng X, Ma J, Zhang A, Cheng X. Remyelination is enhanced by Astragalus polysaccharides through inducing the differentiation of oligodendrocytes from neural stem cells in cuprizone model of demyelination. Brain Res. 2021 Jul 15;1763:147459. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2021.147459. PMID 33794147.
- Go↑ Zhao P, Su G, Xiao X, Hao E, Zhu X, Ren J. Chinese medicinal herb Radix Astragali suppresses cardiac contractile dysfunction and inflammation in a rat model of autoimmune myocarditis. Toxicol Lett. 2008 Nov 10;182(1-3):29-35. doi: 10.1016/j.toxlet.2008.08.002. PMID 18782607.
- Go↑ Jiang JB, Qiu JD, Yang LH, He JP, Smith GW, Li HQ. Therapeutic effects of astragalus polysaccharides on inflammation and synovial apoptosis in rats with adjuvant-induced arthritis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2010 Oct;13(4):396-405. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-185X.2010.01555.x. PMID 21199477.
- Go↑ Cho WC, Leung KN. In vitro and in vivo anti-tumor effects of Astragalus membranaceus. Cancer Lett. 2007 Jul 8;252(1):43-54. PMID 17223259
- Go↑ Tin MM, Cho CH, Chan K, James AE, Ko JK. Astragalus saponins induce growth inhibition and apoptosis in human colon cancer cells and tumor xenograft. Carcinogenesis. 2007 Jun;28(6):1347-55. PMID 17148504
- Go↑ Auyeung KK, Mok NL, Wong CM, Cho CH, Ko JK. Astragalus saponins modulate mTOR and ERK signaling to promote apoptosis through the extrinsic pathway in HT-29 colon cancer cells. Int J Mol Med. 2010 Sep;26(3):341-9. PMID 20664949
- Go↑ Auyeung KK, Law PC, Ko JK. Astragalus saponins induce apoptosis via an ERK-independent NF-kappaB signaling pathway in the human hepatocellular HepG2 cell line. Int J Mol Med. 2009 Feb;23(2):189-96. PMID 19148542
- Go↑ Ping Wu, Jean Jacques Dugoua, Oghenowede Eyawo, Edward J Mills. Traditional Chinese medicines in the treatment of hepatocellular cancers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 28(1): 112
- Go↑ Duan P, Wang ZM. [Clinical study on effect of Astragalus in efficacy enhancing and toxicity reducing of chemotherapy in patients of malignant tumor]. [Article in Chinese] Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2002 Jul;22(7):515-7. PMID 12592686
- Go↑ Tian Q, Li H, Yan M, Cai H, Tan Q, Zhang W. Effects of Astragalus polysaccharides on P-glycoprotein efflux pump function and protein expression in H22 hepatoma cells in vitro. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012, 12:94 (11 July 2012) Abstract Texte intégral
- Go↑ Auyeung KK, Han QB, Ko JK. Astragalus membranaceus: A Review of its Protection Against Inflammation and Gastrointestinal Cancers. Am J Chin Med. 2016;44(1):1-22. doi: 10.1142/S0192415X16500014. PMID 26916911
- Go↑ Agyemang, K., Han, L., Liu, E., Zhang, Y., Wang, T., & Gao, X. (2013). Recent advances in Astragalus membranaceus anti-diabetic research: pharmacological effects of its phytochemical constituents. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Go↑ Chen, W., Li, Y. M., & Yu, M. H. (2008). Astragalus polysaccharides: an effective treatment for diabetes prevention in NOD mice. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes, 116(08), 468-474.
- Go↑ Wang, Y., Xie, Q., Liang, C. L., Zeng, Q., & Dai, Z. (2017). Chinese medicine Ginseng and Astragalus granules ameliorate autoimmune diabetes by upregulating both CD4+ FoxP3+ and CD8+ CD122+ PD1+ regulatory T cells. Oncotarget, 8(36), 60201.
- Go↑ Ruby LC Hoo, Janice YL Wong, CF Qiao, A Xu, HX Xu, Karen SL Lam. The effective fraction isolated from Radix Astragali alleviates glucose intolerance, insulin resistance and hypertriglyceridemia in db/db diabetic mice through its anti-inflammatory activity. Hoo et al. Nutrition & Metabolism 2010, 7:67 
- Go↑ Zhao H, Zhang Y, Guo Y, Shi S. Identification of major α-glucosidase inhibitors in Radix Astragali and its human microsomal metabolites using ultrafiltration HPLC-DAD-MS(n.). J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015 Feb;104:31-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jpba.2014.09.029. PMID 25474715
- Go↑ You Y, Duan Y, Liu S, Zhang X, Zhang X, Feng J, Yan C, Han Y. Anti-atherosclerotic function of Astragali Radix extract: downregulation of adhesion molecules in vitro and in vivo. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012, 12:54 (26 April 2012) Abstract : , Provisional PDF 
- Go↑ Kim C, Ha H, Kim JS, Kim YT, Kwon SC, Park SW. Induction of growth hormone by the roots of Astragalus membranaceus in pituitary cell culture. Arch Pharm Res. 2003 Jan;26(1):34-9. PMID 12568355
- Go↑ Molgora B, Bateman R, Sweeney G, Finger D, Dimler T, Effros RB, Valenzuela HF. Functional assessment of pharmacological telomerase activators in human T cells. Cells. 2013 Jan 14;2(1):57-66. doi: 10.3390/cells2010057. PMID 24709644 texte intégral
- Go↑ Liu P, Zhao H, Luo Y. Anti-Aging Implications of Astragalus Membranaceus (Huangqi): A Well-Known Chinese Tonic. Aging Dis. 2017 Dec 1;8(6):868-886. doi: 10.14336/AD.2017.0816. eCollection 2017 Dec. PMID 29344421 texte intégral
- Go↑ Bruno Bernardes de Jesus, Kerstin Schneeberger, Elsa Vera, Agueda Tejera, Calvin B. Harley, Maria A. Blasco. The telomerase activator TA-65 elongates short telomeres and increases health span of adult/old mice without increasing cancer incidence. Aging Cell. 2011 August; 10(4): 604–621. PMC3627294 texte intégral
- Go↑ Yuan Yao and Maria Luz Fernandez. “Beneficial Effects of Telomerase Activator (TA-65) Against Chronic Disease”. EC Nutrition 6.5 (2017): 176-183. texte intégral
- Go↑ Harley CB, Liu W, Blasco M, Vera E, Andrews WH, Briggs LA, Raffaele JM. A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance program. Rejuvenation Res. 2011 Feb;14(1):45-56. PMID 20822369
- Go↑ Yao Jinfeng, Wu Chunli, Chen Huixia, Zhang Ruifeng. Effect of Astragalus Polysaccharide on Telomerase of HL-60 Cell. Henan Journal of Oncology. 2005-04 
- Go↑ Ip FC, Ng YP, An HJ, Dai Y, Pang HH, Hu YQ, Chin AC, Harley CB, Wong YH, Ip NY. Cycloastragenol is a potent telomerase activator in neuronal cells: implications for depression management. Neurosignals. 2014;22(1):52-63. doi: 10.1159/000365290. PMID 25095809
- Go↑ Wang P, Zhang Z, Sun Y, Liu X, Tong T. The two isomers of HDTIC compounds from Astragali Radix slow down telomere shortening rate via attenuating oxidative stress and increasing DNA repair ability in human fetal lung diploid fibroblast cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2010 Jan;29(1):33-9. doi: 10.1089/dna.2009.0932. PMID: 19839736
- Go↑ Wang PC, Zhang ZY, Zhang J, Tong TJ. Two isomers of HDTIC isolated from Astragali Radix decrease the expression of p16 in 2BS cells. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008 Feb 5;121(3):231-5. PMID: 18298915
- Go↑ Salvador L, Singaravelu G, Harley CB, Flom P, Suram A, Raffaele JM. A Natural Product Telomerase Activator Lengthens Telomeres in Humans: A Randomized, Double Blind, and Placebo Controlled Study. Rejuvenation Res. 2016 Dec;19(6):478-484. PMID 26950204
- Go↑ Harley CB, Liu W, Blasco M, Vera E, Andrews WH, Briggs LA, Raffaele JM. A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance program. Rejuvenation Res. 2011 Feb;14(1):45-56. doi: 10.1089/rej.2010.1085.
- Go↑ Shahzad M, Shabbir A, Wojcikowski K, Wohlmuth H, Gobe GC. The Antioxidant Effects of Radix Astragali (Astragalus membranaceus and Related Species) in Protecting Tissues from Injury and Disease. Curr Drug Targets. 2016;17(12):1331-40. PMID 26343107
- Go↑ Dan Wang, Bi-Bo Zhang, Xiao-Xia Qu, Feng Gao, Min-Yong Yuan. Microwave-assisted extraction of polysaccharides from Yupingfeng powder and their antioxidant activity. Pharmacogn Mag. 2015 Jul-Sep; 11(43): 546 –554. doi: 10.4103/0973-1296.160468 texte intégral
- Go↑ Harley CB, Liu W, Flom PL, Raffaele JM. A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance program: metabolic and cardiovascular response. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Oct;16(5):386-95. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1430. PMID 23808324
- Go↑ Zhang BQ, Hu SJ, Qiu LH, Zhu JH, Xie XJ, Sun J, Zhu ZH, Xia Q, Bian K. Effects of Astragalus membranaceus and its main components on the acute phase endothelial dysfunction induced by homocysteine. Vascular Pharmacology, Volume 46, Issue 4, April 2007, Pages 278-285. PMID 17196887
- Go↑ Li Shi-Gang, Zhang Yong-Qi. Characterization and renal protective effect of a polysaccharide from Astragalus membranaceus. Carbohydrate polymers, 2009, vol. 78, no2, pp. 343-348 
- Go↑ Chan WS, Durairajan SS, Lu JH, Wang Y, Xie LX, Kum WF, Koo I, Yung KK, Li M. Neuroprotective effects of Astragaloside IV in 6-hydroxydopamine-treated primary nigral cell culture. Neurochem Int. 2009 Nov;55(6):414-22. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2009.04.012. PMID 19409437
- Go↑ Zhong L, Wang ZF, Wen DJ. Experimental research on the anti-aging effects of astragalus polysaccharides. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2013 Jul;29(4):350-2. PMID 24175561
- Go↑ Qu YZ, Li M, Zhao YL, Zhao ZW, Wei XY, Liu JP, Gao L, Gao GD. Astragaloside IV attenuates cerebral ischemia-reperfusion-induced increase in permeability of the blood-brain barrier in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009 Mar 15;606(1-3):137-41. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2009.01.022. PMID 19374856
- Go↑ Jalsrai A, Grecksch G, Becker A. Evaluation of the effects of Astragalus mongholicus Bunge saponin extract on central nervous system functions. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Oct 5;131(3):544-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2010.07.031. PMID 20655376
- Go↑ Dong XH, Gao WJ, Kong WN, Xie HL, Peng Y, Shao TM, Yu WG, Chai XQ. Neuroprotective effect of the active components of three Chinese herbs on brain iron load in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Exp Ther Med. 2015 Apr;9(4):1319-1327. PMID 25780429
- Go↑ Matkovic Z, Zivkovic V, Korica M, Plavec D, Pecanic S, Tudoric N. Efficacy and safety of Astragalus membranaceus in the treatment of patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Phytother Res. 2010 Feb; 24(2):175-81. PMID 19504468
- Go↑ Shen HH, Wang K, Li W, Ying YH, Gao GX, Li XB, Huang HQ. Astragalus Membranaceus prevents airway hyperreactivity in mice related to Th2 response inhibition. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Mar 5;116(2):363-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2007.12.002. PMID 18226482
- Go↑ Su Xu, Bao-Ping Tian, Lan-Hong Zhang, Wen Hua, Li-Xia Xia, Zhi-Hua Chen, Wen Li and Hua-Hao Shen. Prevention of allergic airway hyperresponsiveness and remodeling in mice by Astragaliradix Antiasthmatic decoction. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:369 doi:10.1186/1472-6882-13-369
- Go↑ Xu S, Tian B, Zhang L, Hua W, Xia L, Chen Z, Li W, Shen H. Prevention of allergic airway hyperresponsiveness and remodeling in mice by Astragaliradix Antiasthmatic decoction. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:369 (25 December 2013) Abstract texte intégral
- Go↑ Liu YT, Lv WL. Research Progress in Astragalus Membranaceus and Its Active Components on Immune Responses in Liver Fibrosis. Chin J Integr Med. 2020 Oct;26(10):794-800. doi: 10.1007/s11655-019-3039-1. PMID 31502184.
- Go↑ Yan M, Song H, Xie N, Zhang L. [Changes of intestinal flora in senile mouse models and the antagonistic activity of the root of Astragalus membraceus (Fisch) Bge]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 1995 Oct;20(10):624-6. PMID 8679084
- Go↑ Liu M, Xiao GG, Rong P, Dong J, Zhang Z, Zhao H, Teng J, Zhao H, Pan J, Li Y, Zha Q, Zhang Y, Ju D. Semen astragali complanati- and rhizoma cibotii-enhanced bone formation in osteoporosis rats. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:141 (20 June 2013) Abstract Provisional PDF
- Go↑ Ji L, Chen X, Zhong X, Li Z, Yang L, Fan J, Tang W, Qin W. Astragalus membranaceus up-regulate Cosmc expression and reverse IgA dys-glycosylation in IgA nephropathy. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2014, 14:195 (18 June 2014) Abstract texte intégral
- Go↑ Minu Vinod, Paridhi Jain, Harsh Verma, Shailendra Kumar Gupta, Vikas Sharma, Ravikant Thakur. An overview on natural treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Life Science texte intégral
- Go↑ Law P, Auyeung KK, Chan L, Ko JK. Astragalus saponins downregulate vascular endothelial growth factor under cobalt chloride-stimulated hypoxia in colon cancer cells. [BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012, 12:160 (19 September 2012) Abstract Provisional PDF
- Go↑ Tao Wang, Xiaoyan Xuan, Min Li, Ping Gao, Yuling Zheng, Wenqiao Zang, Guoqiang Zhao. Astragalus saponins affect proliferation, invasion and apoptosis of gastric cancer BGC-823 cells. Diagnostic Pathology 2013, 8:179 
- Go↑ Shi Guang Li, Hai Yong Chen, Chen Sheng Ou-Yang, Xi-Xin Wang, Zhen-Jiang Yang, Yao Tong, William C.S. Cho. The Efficacy of Chinese Herbal Medicine as an Adjunctive Therapy for Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. PLoS One. 2013; 8(2): e57604. Published online 2013 February 28. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0057604. PMCID: PMC3585199
- Go↑ Zhu J, Lee S, Ho MK, Hu Y, Pang H, Ip FC, Chin AC, Harley CB, Ip NY, Wong YH. In vitro intestinal absorption and first-pass intestinal and hepatic metabolism of cycloastragenol, a potent small molecule telomerase activator. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2010;25(5):477-86. PMID 20877137
- Go↑ Zhang Y. H., Zhang Y. J., Guo Y. L., Li W. J., Yu C. Astragaloside IV inhibited the activity of CYP1A2 in liver microsomes and influenced theophylline pharmacokinetics in rats. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 2013, 65: 149-155 abstract
- Go↑ Ran R, Zhang C, Li R, Chen B, Zhang W, Zhao Z, Fu Z, Du Z, Du X, Yang X, Fang Z. Evaluation and Comparison of the Inhibition Effect of Astragaloside IV and Aglycone Cycloastragenol on Various UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) Isoforms. Molecules. 2016 Nov 29;21(12). pii: E1616. PMID 27916843
Store in a cool, dry place, away from light. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of Children and pets.
Do not exceed the daily dose.
This product is not intended to prevent or cure any form of illness or disease.
If you are pregnant or nursing ; If you have a medical condition or are in the course of medical treatment ; If you are programmed for theater/operation in the near future, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product cannot replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This product has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.