Evening Primrose oil seed carrier oils
Evening Primrose oil (Oenothera biennis) is rich in essential fatty acids and omega oils, making it one of the best carrier oils to use as a base in skin healing blends.
It is wonderful for nourishing dry and damaged skin by improving skin hydration and accelerating healing.
INCI name: Oenothera biennis seed Oil
CAS number: 91745-12-9
SKU code: CN-EVP-0100
EXTRACTION METHOD: Cold Pressed
PARTS USED: Seeds
COMMON NAMES: Evening primrose seed oil, Evening star seed oil,
APPEARANCE: Yellow thick oil
ODOUR NOTE: Characteristic, soft. After note sometimes described
QUALITY : 100 % pure and natural carrier oil.
STORAGE CONDITION: Evening primrose carrier oil is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and is therefore more sensitive to oxidation than other carrier oils. Always store in a cool dark and dry place (<20deg.Celsius). Close tightly after use to avoid prolonged contact with ambient air (keep the dropper part on or recap after use) and wipe off any remaining oil with a clean tissue. If possible, add a few drops of Vit. E upon reception to extend protection of this nourishing oil.
HAIR, SCALP, BEARD, AND MOUSTACHE: ++
MATURE SKINS: ++
- As a soft, soothing face cleanser to irritated, acne-prone, dry, or sensitive skins
- As a calming oil, massaged directly on inflamed areas (arthritis, osteoporosis…)
- As a soothing oil, by itself, to replace lotions or cream. On the face and/or body. To reduce irritation and dryness on targeted dry skin spots, or to appease, repair overexposed skins ( athletes, outdoor sports, extreme temperatures cold/heat, extended exposure to rough elements, outdoor training, after-sun, wind, sea…) Apply twice daily ( morning and night)
- Mixed into base creams and lotions.
- As a go-to oil during period pains, pre-menopause, and menopausal transition. Reported to help with hormonal transition and referred to as the “woman’s best friend” in parts of Europe (France, Germany). Anti-inflammatory aid on mammal tensions, periods cramps (massages), hot flush (20 drops or 1 teaspoon/ day or on salads, breakfast cereals, smoothies…)
- As a dry hand and feet serum. For soft, fragile brittle nails and cuticles.
- As Night-time youth face and neck serum: massage softly to help prevent the onset and the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, aging, and mature skins. To hydrate and promote the regeneration of skin elasticity, to tone and improve de texture of dull and tired skins, and help repair scars, acne scars.
- As a Balancing, astringent and scar healing serum for acne- prone skins
- As Body oil: for stretch marks, scars, dry, scaled, patchy skin, atopic eczema. After shower or bath, applied to wet skins.
- As hair treatment, added to conditioners for dry hair and dandruff -prone scalps. As a hair mask, by itself or mixed with clays, applied 20-30 min before cleanse.
+++ Main property; ++ Major property.
COMEDOGENIC (Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, CALMING, SOOTHING: +++
REVITALIZING, REGENERATING: +++
HYDRATING, SOFTENING, KEEPS AND RESTORES ELASTICITY: +++
INDICATIONS: revitalizing, hydrating and soothing. For very dry, inflamed, irritated skins, patchy, scaly, atopic eczema, psoriasis, combinations skins, mature skins, fine lines & wrinkles, menopause. Dull and dry hair. Brittle nails.
Our 100% Evening primrose carrier oil obtained from the cold pressure of this flower seeds is particularly rich in precious essential fatty acid (GLA) and vitamins, crucial to the regeneration off our cell tissues. It has been used traditionally for centuries by the North American original people for its multiple benefits and has been included in the European Pharmacopeia. Evening primrose oil is included in health and body care targeted towards repairing, restoring, regenerating, and protecting our outer skin barrier. This is a precious oil to be incorporated in all aging to mature skin routine, to care for dry, scaly skins and for dry nails and hair care.
Evening primrose carrier oil is a thick oil, which absorbs completely in the skin and is perfect as night serum or incorporated in your night creams and lotion for an overnight deep nourishing pamper.
Exfoliating agents: rosehip wax, apricot kernel, zinc oxide
Hydrosols: Rose damask. Spray hydrosol on neck and face, apply Evening primrose oil directly on wet skin. Massage gently.
On the skin: massage mixed to other carrier oils like
- Rosehip, Jojoba, Apricot...for skin care.
- Arnica macerated, Hemp seed oil…for inflammations
- Tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum) for dry, irritated, dermatosis
- Baobab, Sweet almond for dry and sensitive skin
Evening primrose oil is not to be used in case of epilepsy and in cases of hormone-dependent conditions.
Evening primrose carrier oil is sensitive to oxidation. Store in a dry cool dark place.
AVOID CONTACTS WITH EYES
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.