Fragonia Organic Essential Oil - 10 ml
Fragonia Organic Essential Oil
INCI Name : Agonis fragrans Branch/leaf oil
CAS Number :934621-96-2
SKU code :
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distillation
PARTS USED: Leaves and branches
APPEARANCE: Pale yellow fluid oil
ODOUR NOTE: light, fresh, green, clean, gently reminiscent of Eucalyptus and Tea tree, with citrus, slightly sweet/fruity and woody. Middle note.
MAIN MOLECULAR COMPONENTS: almost equal ratios of 1.8- Cineole (22-33%), alpha-Pinene (22-31%) and Linalool + alpha Terpineol (6-13% and 5-8%).
STORAGE CONDITION: Store in a cool, dry, dark place away from heat source. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of children and pets.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Celebrated for its deep, inner- balancing, harmonizing, peace restoring effects on our emotions, FragoniaTM * essential oil is a fresh, clean, very aromatic essential oil.
Its properties can be compared to that of the Tea-tree, Lemongrass and Oregano, with the same range of applications for wellbeing, hygiene, and skincare.
Its aroma is softer than that of the Tea tree with the citrussy freshness of lemongrass and some flowery sweet notes.
Joyful and reassuring, fresh, powerful, yet gentle FragoniaTM* is a very interesting essential oil to support you through demanding times, to add to your creams and massages oils to help ease off all kinds of inflammations.
- Antimicrobial, Antifungal
- Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic
- Immune system boosting,
- Anticatarrhal, reduces congestions (respiratory, sinus…)
- Emotionally balancing.
- In massages, diffusions to helping restore emotional balance, especially after trauma, bereavement, emotional chocs.
- For massages or meditation blends for “letting go” purposes in cases of deep anger, anxiety, depression, grief…
- Associated with the peace maker, opening hearts: within self and with others, with life situations; In diffusion blends, massages: for inner-peace, harmony, forgiveness, grounding (letting go of the past and living in the present), balancing.
- In blends and massages for stress-related to trauma and chocs, sleeplessness, sadness…
- In Skincare infections and hygiene, Acne, pimples, dermatitis, psoriasis, impetigo, mycoses, cold sores
- In antifungal powders or creams.
- As a general tonic in daily support of a good immune system, or to help boost defences of weakened, tired, convalescent bodies.
- Before and after long flight, in support of jetlag, time zone differences.
- In blends for Common cold, flu, shingles, thrush...
- For lymphatic drainage, massages on lymph nodes.
- In muscle and joints, tendons massages blends or cream and gels, to help relieve pain and stiffness
- In cramping, pain (PMS and muscular) and inflammation from sprains, strains
- For hormonal changes, menopause, heat flushes
- In joint and articulations, rheumatoid arthritis creams, gels or lotions for massages and daily comfort.
In chest and nose congestions, coughs, allergic runny noses, bronchitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis “Breathe better” formulations, sirups, in diffusions, steam inhalation…
Gentler than Tea tree essential oil, Fragonia essential oil can be used in daily prevention, hygiene maintain or support, in everyday care creams, gel and other essential oils carriers. Suitable for all skin types.
Massages & body care
- Targeted body massages+++ use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) ex: 1 drop Fragonia essential oil in 4 drops Macadamia oil to massage uncomfortable joints
- Face care, hygiene uses +++1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration) ex: Acne pimples, cold sores: on a clean skin, apply 1 neat drop on a cotton bud and dab on the concern area. Or add 1 drop to 1 tsp of neutral cream
- Body massages & scalp care +++use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration)
- Relaxing/ purifying body and foot baths +++: first mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts
- Mouthwash: +++: ex: in a 100ml bottle, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable glycerine and 3 drops essential oil. Mix to dissolve completely and top-up the bottle with water. Use as a mouth rinse or breath freshener.
Diffusion and inhalation
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, in support of congestions and better sleep. During your meditation or relaxation pauses +++: use 10 min 3 times a day or 20 minutes before bedtime.
- A few drops in an inhaler in challenging times or in support for congestions
- In hot water bowl for steam distillation for blocked sinuses and coughs.
- Homecare ++: add to soaps for natural surface cleansing or to create surfaces and “clean-air” sprays
- In natural perfumery, associated with herbal aromas to create fresh, summery colognes
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
- In Natural perfumery Fragonia has been associated with Ambrette (Musk Mallow), Angelica, Black pepper, Chamomile, Geranium, Ginger, Patchouli, peppermint, Rose, Sandalwood, Vanilla, and Vetiver.
- Lemon, Patchouli, Rosemary verbenone and Ginger, for a fresh start of the day,
- Bergamot, Frankincense, Melissa, and Patchouli for meditations and emotional support.
- Clary Sage, Geranium, Grapefruit and Palmarosa for refreshing and calming herbal scent
- For Oily skins: with 1 to 2 drops of Petit Grain Bigarade essential oil.
- For Wet Cough: with 1 drop of Eucalyptus radiata essential oil mixed with a carrier oil/cream, massage the chest and upper back 4 times a day.
- Cypress essential oil for dry coughs.
- Periods Pains: with Tarragon essential oil in a massage oil on the lower tummy
- Sleep difficulties, Insomnia: in diffusion, 10 minutes before bedtime with Ylang-Ylang or lavender; With roman Chamomile in a massage oil, applied to the solar plexus oil massages and/or the soles of the feet before bedtime.
*Agonis (Taxandria-for botanists) fragrans originates from Australia and is a small shrub from the same family as the Myrtles.
Growers in Australia have been growing Agonis fragrans shrub on their farm, selecting a chemotype to obtain an essential oil with this specific balanced ratio.” Fragonia” is the trademarked name given to the essential oil distilled from this specific selection, by the Paperbark Co
Other essential oils of Agonis (Taxandria) fragrans exist, with different aromatic profiles, and are simply called Agonis fragrans essential oil.
FragoniaTM is one of the newcomers (meaning, it doesn’t have centuries of traditional uses to back it up) in the ever-evolving world of essential oils, of aromatherapy and olfactory-therapy.
As our knowledge of the plants of the world grows, and through global cultures exchanges, new uses and applications are being discovered.
This essential oil doesn’t not have “traditional” occidental or western recognized uses yet, but Fragonia essential oil is now part of the new Aromatherapy aromatheca and is appreciated by modern natural Perfumers who seek to touch our emotions as well as our senses with their creations.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt