Sandalwood Album Organic Essential Oil - 5 ml
Sandalwood Album Organic Essential Oil
Wellbeing. Body care. Skincare. Natural perfumes. Diffusion, meditation.
Top perfumery ingredient.
General tonic. Circulatory. Articulation and venous comfort. Skin regenerating. Purifying, In mild to moderate acne, pimples, blackheads, blemish-prone and hormonal oily skins;
in mature skins, sensitive skins, very dry & atopic skins, skin itches, rashes & inflammations. Minor burns, sunburns.
In diffusion and meditation: deeply calming, appeasing, nerves calming, relaxation and serenity. Balancing.
INCI name: Santalum Album oil
CAS number: 84787-70-2
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distilled essential oil
PARTS USED: Heartwood.
ORIGIN: INDIA (ethically harvested from Southern India Agro plantations)
COMMON NAMES: East Indian Sandalwood, White Santal essential oil
APPEARANCE: Yellow to Pale yellow, somewhat viscous liquid.
ODOUR NOTE: Dense, Enveloping, sweet, mellow, buttery, woody, earthy, warm with a long lasting, rich, dry down. Base note, excellent fixative.
MAIN MOLECULAR COMPONENTS: 57-79% Santalol (40-45% alpha-santalol & 17-27% Beta santalol); 4-6 % alpha-bergamotol; 1,5-3.5% Lanceol.
For use in Aromatherapy, natural perfumery, cosmetic and personal care formulations. Soluble in Ethanol and Carrier (fixed oils); Insoluble in water.
STORAGE CONDITION: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place away from light. Keep away from children and pets.
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral.
- Skin regenerator, skin healing, skin nourishing, tissue conditioner
- Lymphatic and venous decongestant,
- Tonic, Venous toner, circulatory
- Pulmonary and urinary antiseptic.
- Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, minor pains support
- Antispasmodic, muscles spasms
- Nerve calming, sedative
- Anti-depressive, balancing.
In aromatherapy, wellbeing, natural skincare, personal hygiene, diffusers, incense, natural perfume, meditation, spiritual blends
IN WELL-BEING MASSAGES OILS, CREAMS, OINTMENTS AND COMPRESSES:
- In skin healing balms, creams, lotions, and compresses: Indian Sandalwood combines antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which are all helpful in problematic and compromised skins as in eczema and psoriasis.
- In tonic, balancing and revitalizing massages.
- In local application natural formulas for chest, legs or stomach aimed at relieving congestions related discomforts, Urinary tract concerns (cystitis, prostatic…), Circulatory concerns (Varicose veins, heavy legs…), Respiratory congestions (dry coughs…) and inflammation concerns (rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago…).
- In soothing massage blends applied on the, to help ease stress related stomach tensions, cramps/spasms, indigestions.
IN AYURVEDA, AS ONE OF THE STAPLE OILS.
- In massages, compresses for varicose veins and other related circulatory concerns.
- For various urinary tract infections, applied in localized massage
- To promote relaxation and help induce meditative states.
- Diffusions, frictions, or localized massages, to help in cases of respiratory infections, chronic bronchitis, dry cough, and sore throat.
- In body massages or lower back massages, to help boost libido. Reported as aphrodisiac.
- In targeted or localized massages to soothe muscular spasms and discomforts, inflammation, rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago
- In localized massages, to help soothe stomach cramps due to difficult digestion.
- To help eliminate excessive fluid retention.
- In soothing creams to help soothe minor burns, skin inflammations, rashes, itches…for rosacea, varicose ulcer, sunburns, radiations…
- To help manage the discomfort of psoriasis, eczema flaring; help rebuilt a heathy skin barrier in sensitive, reactive, compromised skins, scaly skins, psoriatic plaques, eczema red patches. nourishing and soothing.
- In purifying skincare for localized skin infections: Hormonal related acne on the face, forehead, chest, upper back, or shoulders, on whiteheads, blackheads pimples. In teenagers’ mild to moderate acne creams. Used to create cleansing soaps, gels, serums, spot creams, masks, or oils
- Creams and balms for common warts
- In cosmetic creams targeting wrinkles,
- To help combat insomnia and promote restful sleep, in afternoon calming massages (or before bed)
- To create sacred or ritual anointing oil: with Frankincense, Myrrh, Juniper berry, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clove, and Nutmeg.
IN BODY CARE & BEAUTY RECIPES for all skin types. Especially in very dry, dry, dull, cracked, chapped skin care, sandalwood essential oil is added to lotion and toners to help reduce inflammation, redness, and rashes. Also found in many revitalizing skincare aimed at mature skins and wrinkles concerns. For acne prone, blemished oily skins. In after-save soothing creams. In Fine skincare for even complexion: creams, balms, toners.
IN DIFFUSION AND ROOM SPRAYS to promote serenity and to balance mood swings. Sandalwood essential oil is one of the main oils recommended in meditation blends to help induce a peaceful atmosphere, calm and focus. It is recognized for its anti-depression, balancing and relaxing benefits and is also recommended to reduce nervous tensions and for stress-related sleeping concerns. Sandalwood is a favourite tonic, sensual oil, known to re-energize mind and body alike: in deep fatigues, burnouts, or loss of libido.
IN NATURAL PERFUMERY: Indian Sandalwood essential oil is a classic base note in the creation of all Luxurious Attars and has been revered by natural perfumers the world over. It is considered an excellent fixative in natural perfumes compositions, helping to hold lighter notes longer on the skin. Indian Sandalwood woody base note blends wonderfully well with all precious floral notes like jasmine, Rose and Neroli, with other woody, herbal and spicy essential oils.
This precious and rare essential oil (Use sparingly) is suitable for all skin types.
Always dilute in a suitable carrier for all skincare applications.
Massages & body care
- Body massages +++use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) Indian Sandalwood associates well with Sandalwood carrier oil (from the kernel), Sesame seed oil, Apricot kernel oil, Grapeseed oil. For dry skins with Wheat germ oil and avocado oil.
- Target skincare, regenerating, repairing, soothing for compromised dry, atopic, itchy skins +++: use 2 to 4 drops of Indian sandalwood essential oil per 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration) You can choose any of the following deeply nourishing and soothing carrier oils: Sandalwood kernel oil, Oat oil, Wheat germ, Hemp seed, Calendula, St john’s wort, Shea oil or butter, Rosehip, or any other that suit your skin condition best.
- Regenerating, repairing, soothing, tonic face creams: use 1 to 3 drops essential oil per 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration) +++ You can choose any of the following nourishing carrier oils: Sandalwood kernel oil, Rosehip, Evening primrose, Jojoba, Apricot kernel, Hazelnut or any other that suit your skin condition best.
- Body & Hair care use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration) +++
- Relaxation and serenity Bath+++: first mix up 6 drops of Indian Sandalwood essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts
Diffusion to promote relaxation and meditation.
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, use 10 min 3 times a day. +++
- Inhale straight from the bottle or add 1 drop to a piece of fabric rolled around wrist when meditating or breathing exercises.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
- For a classic flowery perfume with Jasmine, rose and ylang-ylang
- With Floral top notes Lily-of-the-Valley or citrussy notes like Neroli and Bergamot.
- With Middle notes Coriander, Geranium
- With Other base notes like Vetiver, Benzoin, Vanilla, and Patchouli
- With vanilla for an enticingly fragrance that you would like to eat.
- With other “sacred” oils Myrrh and Frankincense
- For well-being balancing back and neck massages, with neroli and grapefruit e.o.
- For sleep promoting and relaxation with juniper berry, rose and lavender
- For stress and anxious states, for meditations: Frankincense, Eucalyptus smithii, Peppermint
- For stomach massage to ease urinary tract concerns: Bergamot, Roman chamomile, Eucalyptus radiata, lavender
- “Love” potions with cinnamon essential oil, Rosewood essential oil or Neroli, Benzoin, Jasmine, Rose, and vetiver
- Face creams: bay leaf e.o. and Palmarosa e.o. also with Cardamom, Lavender, and Rose geranium
Considered one of the most sacred trees for its precious wood and oil, East Indian Sandalwood has been used for thousands of years in the religious rituals, meditation practices, personal care and health preparations of India, China, Egypt, or Japan.
A staple in Attar oils, Indian Sandalwood essential oil is also present today in High-end Natural Perfumes for its warm woody and excellent fixative properties, and in many traditional pharmaceutical formulas
Our exquisite Indian Sandalwood essential oil is steam distilled from the fragrant heartwood (Chips) of Santalum album trees, grown sustainably in agroforestry monitored projects, located in the southern region of India. These projects are part of an encouraging regeneration effort by the Karnataka State, to help revive, save, and sustainably grow the vulnerable Santalum album in its native country.
If (and hopefully, when) successful, this would be a tremendous achievement for the environment and the farmers in India, whose livelihood depends on.
We do not keep large stocks of this precious and rare oil, as its sustainable production in India, is still very limited.
True Sandalwood are trees from the genius SANTALUM. Sandalwoods have been revered for the beauty and durability of the wood material itself and for the long-lasting and highly aromatic quality of the essential oils they produce.
Several different species of Sandalwood are grown commercially throughout the world, that have different concentration in santalol (cis-Alpha Santalol & cis-Beta Santalol)), the aromatic molecule responsible for the beneficial properties of sandalwood essential oils.
It is those concentrations in santalol that will dictate the essential oils aromatic quality and choice of applications: Aromatherapy, Skincare and emotional well-being formulations, high end cosmetics, luxurious Natural perfumery, or fragrance industry.
Historically, it is the Indian Sandalwood, Santalum album GROWN IN INDIA, that detains the record in santanol concentration
For more information on the different True Sandalwood essential oils
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED ON THE SKIN and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVICE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
Note that Sandalwood essential oil is categorized as Oestrogen-like*.
Not to be used by people with cardiac, hypertension or with epilepsy conditions.
* Estrogen-like essential oils contain molecules that can mimic the action of estrogen in the body. Avoid all skin applications until you seek medical advice, in case of estrogen dependent/related existing conditions.
Avoid if pregnant or breastfeeding
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt