AUTHENTIC KUMKUMADI BLEND FORMULA. NIGHT FACE SERUM OIL. DRY TO VERY DRY SKIN, DULL SKINS. MATURE SKINS. TO HELP RESTORE GLOW AND BRIGHTEN COMPLEXION.EVEN SKIN TONE, FINE LINES. SKIN BLEMISHES, COMPLEXION DISORDERS. SCARS, HYPERPIGMENTATION, SPOTS. FOR INFLAMED, IRRITATED PERIODIC or STRESS RELATED BREAKOUTS AND PIMPLES. BALANCING, CALMING, IN SUPPORT OF HEALTHY SKINS.
SKU code: PHO7005
EXTRACTION METHOD: BLEND OF 26 DIFFERENT OILS AND HERBS IN SESAME SEED OIL.
PARTS USED: ROOTS AND HERBS
COMMON NAMES: Kumkumadi Tailam
APPEARANCE: Red orange(saffron) gold coloured liquid
ODOUR NOTE: herbal, earthy
QUALITY: blend of 100% pure and natural herbs, powders, and oils. Soluble in oils and butter, soluble in ethanol denat. Insoluble in water.
STORAGE CONDITION: Store in a cool dark place
COMPOSITION of our AUTHENTIC KUMKUMADI tailam, traditional formula:
SAFFRON, Kesar (Crocus sativus)- RED SANDALWOOD, Lal chandan(Pterocarpus santalinus)- LAC, Laksha (Laccifer lacca) -INDIAN MADDER, Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia);LICORICE ROOT, Yashtimadhu, Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra); INDIAN BARBERRY, Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), VETIVER, Khus, Ushira, (Vetiveria zizanioides) – WILD HYMALAYAN CHERRY, Padmaka (Prunus cerasoides) – BLUE LOTUS, Nilkand ,Neel Kamal, (Nymphaea stellata); INDIAN BANYAN ,Vat Vriksha (Ficus benghalensis); JAVA FIG, Pakar (Ficus lacor); SACRED LOTUS (INDIAN LOTUS) POLLEN, Kamal Kesar (Nelumbo nucifera); BAEL, Bel, (Aegle marmelos); DUSKY FIRE BRAND BARK, Agnimantha, (Premna mucronata); INDIAN TRUMPET FLOWER, Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum); WHITE TEAK, Gambhari (Gmelina arborea); PATALA, (Stereospermum suaveolens); SHALAPARNI, Shalparni,(Desmodium gangeticum); PRISHNAPARNI (Uraria picta); GOAT HEADS (TACKWEED), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris); INDIAN NIGHTSHADE, Brihati (Solanum Indicum); YELLOW BERRIED NIGHTSHADE, Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum); MAHUA, (Madhuca longifolia); INDIAN REDWOOD, Pattanga (Caesalpinia sappan); ROSE WATER; SESAME (Sesamum indicum)SEED OIL
Info and interesting facts:
Considered as one of the precious preparations in the ayurvedic tradition, Kumkumadi oil or Kumkumadi Tailam as it is known in India, contains Saffron renowned to even skin tones and brighten one’s complexion.
Kumkumadi oil is carefully crafted, and assembled following a precise, traditional process. The plants selected for the Kumkumadi tailam are specifically chosen for their reputed powerful anti-inflammatory properties and their ability to purify, detox and calm congested tissues.
Kumkumadi oil is designed to support the return to a healthy, soft, purified, bright and well-balanced complexion, and to help maintain the good function of our skin barrier.
Kumkumadi oil is often used to improve the appearance of blemishes, hyper-pigmentation, dark scars, and patches.
+++ Main property.
++ Major property.
COMEDOGENIC (i.e., Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
- COMEDOGENIC: 3
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY• CALMING: +++
- ANTIBACTERIAL, ANTIMICROBIAL, +++
- ANTI-HYPERPIGMENTATION: +++
- CICATRIZING, CIRCULATORY: +++
- HYDRATING: +++
- ANTIOXIDANT: +++
- ANTIPRURITIC, ASTRINGENT: ++
- NATURAL SUNSCREEN+
DRY TO VERY DRY SKINS, DULL SKINS, INFLAMED SKINS. DISCOLORATIONS, HYPER PIGMENTATIONS, AGE SPOT, PUFFY SCARS, POOR SCARRING ISSUES. INFLAMED, HORMONAL STRESS RELATED BREAKOUTS, HELPING TO CALM CYSTIC ACNE ONSETS, INFLAMED, IRRITATED SKIN CONDITIONS, PSORIASIS / ECZEMA.
+++: Highly recommended,
USED AS IS: Skins with hyperpigmentation marks or spots, dark circles, in skin with pimples to help with scar healing process, dull and dry, skins, mature skins. limited usage (half dosage and wash off) recommended for oily skin type.
- USED AS A NIGHT FACE SERUM OR OIL FOR DRY SKINS: +++
- Skin Inflammations, pimples+++
- Black Spots or Black Marks++
- Poor blemishes, acne scars and marks+++
- Dark Circles+
- USED IN TARDGETED SPOT CARE BEFORE WASH FOR COMBINATION AND OILY SKINS: ++
USED COMBINED WITH OTHER OILS, CREAM OR CLAYS, IN SKIN CARE ROUTINES: +++
Kumkumadi Oil is best used applied on the face or directly on areas of concern.
Our Kumkumadi oil is a formulation made only with pure, natural powerful plants part, both fresh and in powder-form (flowers, pistils, leaves, roots, barks, and seeds) infused in sesame oil.
Ours is a concentrated and powerful serum. Use it with parsimony.
GENERAL INDICATION OF USES.
To get your skin accustomed to the blend, introduce it slowly into your face care routine. Use 1-2 drops of Kumkumadi oil for a start. For sensitive skins, dilute the Kumkumadi oil with another carrier oil (1-part Kumkumadi to 10 parts other oil).
First always ensure that you do not react to the oil or its ingredients by performing a patch test. If you do not have any reactions after 24 h,
Phase 1: introducing Kumkumadi oil to your skin.
- Apply the serum, at night, before washing your face. Mist your face with a hydrosol (Rose damask, Rose geranium, Lavender) or water. Put 1-2 drops of the serum on your fingertips and dab the oil all over your slightly damp face. Massage the oil gently until fully absorbed. Leave the oil to work for 15-20 min, then wash your skin with a neutral soap or cleansing cream. Apply your moisturiser or night oil. If the serum feels too heavy on the skin, next time, apply less than recommended.
- Use the product this way for at least 3 weeks. This process will allow your skin to get comfortable with the oil blend.
Phase 2: overnight care.
After this introduction period, move to the leave-on, night application.
- Use 2-3 drops of Kumkumadi oil on a damp, well cleansed skin. Dab the oil all over your face and massage using upward strokes until fully absorbed. Allow the formula to air dry for 15-20 minutes before going to sleep.
- Observe your skin the next morning – if there are signs of breakouts or congestion, reduce the quantity of drops. Sensitive or irritated type skin may benefit from diluting the Kumkumadi blend in another carrier oil to make it less concentrated. Dilute 10 ml Kumkumadi in 100ml other beneficial oil (rosehip, calendula,)
Phase 3: maintenance or targeted care routines, to purify, rebalance, brighten, and regenerate inflamed, infected, pigmented, compromised, damaged, dull, or aging skin. 1-2 times a week
- At night, after cleansing, mist your skin with water or with a hydrosol Rose, Lavender…
- Take (2-3 drops) of Kumkumadi oil on your palm, apply over the face with fingertips and gently massage onto the skin for at least 5 to 10 minutes or until fully absorbed.
- dry skin: for a quick boost or purifying care, leave the oil to work for at least 3 hours before washing off. For deep care, apply before sleeping and leave to work overnight. Wash it next morning with a mild natural cleanser.
- oily skins: leave it for 1 hour only and then wash.
USES OF KUMKUMADI IN SKIN CARE ROUTINES.
- For skin glow: use Kumkumadi Oil in combination with Almond Oil in equal proportion.
- In blemishes, scars, hyperpigmentation, and marks: before sleep, wash your face and dab the Kumkumadi oil using a moist cotton ball directly on the concerned areas and leave to work overnight. Wash clean in the morning, tone, and hydrate, then moisturize.
- Kumkumadi oil as face mask or face cream.
Kumkumadi face mask: Kumkumadi Oil purifying Face Mask to tighten pores and help restore skin glow. Use 2-3 days/week.1-2 tbsp of clay: kaolin for dry, sensitive skins; green clay for oily skin, 1-2 tsp of Kumkumadi oil. 1-2 tsp of rose damask hydrosol. Mix all the ingredients into an easy spreadable paste. Apply all over your face and neck. Allow it to work on your skin until about dry (10-15 min.). Wash your face with lukewarm water, tone and moisturize.
For a purifying facial steam to cleanse pores: 1. Before steaming, cleanse and exfoliate your face with a gentle exfoliator. 2. Add 5-10 drops of Kumkumadi oil in a bowl filled with warm, steaming water. Make sure the bowl is stable and safely placed on a levelled surface. Hover your face on top of the bowl, place a large towel over your head, to create a tent inclosing your head and the bowl of steaming water. 3.Steam your face for 10-15 min until your pores are well opened. Gently wash off the impurities with a neutral cleanser. Dab your face slightly dry with a soft towel and follow with a purifying clay mask if desired or tone your skin with a calming hydrosol (lavender). Finish your steam session by applying your moisturizer of choice.
- For de-puffing under-eye area, before bedtime, apply a few drops of Kumkumadi oil on a damp cotton ball and use to pat your under-eye area, then tap massage with your fingertips for 5-6 minutes or until absorbed, avoiding contacts with eyes. Leave to work for 30 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. Moisturize.
- For a circulatory, detox bath: Mix 15-20 drops of Kumkumadi oil with a tablespoon of castile soap or shower gel and add to your bath. Use with Epsom salts to complete your body relaxation and pampering session.
KUMKUMADI OIL PREPARATION PROCESS
The selected plants coarse powders and parts are soaked in water for a few hours. That herbal decoction is heated and left to simmer slowly until only 1/4th part of the liquid content remains. The mixture is filtered to remove the liquid and the plant parts are infused in Sesame seed oil. That infusion is heated and simmered slowly until only the reduced, concentrated in plant oil remains. The infusion is then filtered ready to be packed in bottles.
Reputed plants properties:
- Saffron: anti-inflammatory, pigmentation, improves skin tone and texture.
- Rubia Cordifolia stem: anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, circulatory.
- Caesalpinia sappan bark: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant.
- Banian root: anti-inflammatory, promote skin regeneration.
- Vetiver root: antitoxic, antibacterial, soothing, cooling, refreshing effect.
- licorice root extract: anti-inflammatory, pigmentation.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- WARNING: These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference works or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytotherapy. They are found there regularly and for many confirmed by observations in scientific circles. However, this information is given for informational purposes, it cannot in any case constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.