Cape Chamomile Hydrosol 100 %
We have run out of stock for this item.
Calming, Soothing to inflammations. Regenerating. Firming and tonic. Relaxing.
Quality: 100% pure, natural Eriocephalus punctulatus (Cape chamomile) flower distillate
Obtained by steam distillation of E punctulatus (Cape chamomile) flowering tops
Preserved with 1% Euxyl K712 (Cosmos and Ecocert approved antibacterial agent)
Origin: South Africa
Minimum of 0.014% residual Cape chamomile Essential oil; Ph at 20°c :4,0; Relative density:1.000
Storage: Keep cold, refrigerated or in a cool place, away from heat and light. Apply with provided spray to avoid contaminations. Keep tightly closed. Once opened use within 12 months.
Flushes, rashes, and inflammation. Sensitive, Irritated, or reactive skins. Redness-prone skins, acne, rashes, eczema, insect bites, allergies. To help reduce swellings, oedemas.
++: Highly recommended, +: recommended
FACE CARE: +++
BODY CARE: +++
HAIR, SCALP, BEARD, AND MOUSTACHES CARE: +++
- CALMING, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTISPASMODIC: +++
- TONIC, FIRMING, LIFTING: +++
- PURIFYING, ++
For more properties, please consult the plant related essential oil page (link to our Cape chamomile essential oil page)
Pure Hydrosols retain the same active molecules as their corresponding essential oil and traces amounts of essential oil. It is their lower concentration in the molecules and the fact is that they are mostly composed of water that makes them gentler to use as an alternative to most delicate and sensitive skins…even babies and pregnant women (after the 3rd month)
Please note: Hydrosol’s aromas differ quite strongly from that of their corresponding essential oil. This is because Hydrosols are charged only with the hydro(water)- soluble aromatic molecules of the plant. Hydrosol scent may take some getting used to, but their benefits and their own and unique purpose in skin care and wellbeing is highly valuable.
- On compresses to cleanse and soothe minor cuts, scrapes
- On compresses to reduce swellings on bumps, bruises, oedemas.
- For calming and soothing body baths: add 1 cup to bath water.
- or add to natural Castile soap or shower gels
- As calming, soothing irritated and reactive skins sprays: Spray directly on affected areas when needed.
- As soothing facial cleanser: Soak cotton ball with hydrosol or as soft washing agent to irritated skins.
- As cooling spray for hot flushes.
- As facial toner: apply to face (before hyaluronic acid/ vegetable glycerin), then apply your facial serum, cream, or lotion. Use Morning and night.
- Add to facial or body lotions and creams for sensitive, reactive skins Add 1ml of hydrosol to 9ml of lotion or cream).
- Spray on face or areas of concern, often as desired to soothe, and hydrate
- In facial or hair masks: use with clays or powders to desired consistency or add to a neutral gel, aloe vera gel.
- For facial steam.
- For frictions on itchy scalps
- As pillows sprays to promote restful sleep.
- Add to your electronic diffuser to replace plain water.
CAUTION the same caution applies as far as allergies to a plant and medical conditions goes.
Always make a patch test and discontinue use if reactions occur.