MACERATED CARRIER OIL
Bellis perennis L.
FACE and BODY. ALL SKIN TYPES. DELICATE, SENSITIVE SKINS. Bruises, hematomas. Muscles and joints inflammations. Wound’s inflammations. Aging and Mature skins toner. Stretch marks, scars, sagging and tired skins. Pulling skins. Irritated skins, Redness prone skins. Rosacea. Toning and firming. Calming and regenerating.
INCI name: Bellis perennis (Daisy) flower extract and Helianthus annuus seed oil.
CAS number: 84776-11-4 and 8001-21-6
EXTRACTION METHOD: solar maceration / infusion of Daisy (Bellis perennis) flowers in Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil.
PARTS USED: Flowers/ Flowering tops.
COMMON NAMES: Daisy flower oil, Common daisy oil, Bruisewort oil, English daisy oil.
APPEARANCE: Pale to golden yellow-green liquid oil. Dry touch.
ODOUR NOTE: characteristic sweet, floral odour.
QUALITY: 100 % pure and natural carrier oil. For cosmetic and personal care direct uses and formulations. 25% Bellis perennis (Daisy) flowers infused in 75% organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) oil (cold pressed.
STORAGE CONDITION; keep tightly closed and store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
COMPOSITION: 35.7% OLEIC ACID (OMEGA-9), 6.6% PALMITIC ACID, 51.1% LINOLEIC ACID (OMEGA-6), contains 28% of Beta- myrcene
Info and interesting facts:
The unassuming common, lawn-growing, daisy flower has been a traditional European household go-to herb for centuries. The tiny flower, harvested early in the morning, would be used in tisanes to calm cramps and soothe emotional tensions, or infused in oils or applied in cataplasms to reduce inflammations, hematomas around wounds and fasten their healing. Our Daisy flower oil is the result of slow solar infusion of the whole flowers into organic sunflower oil. A Classic in aromatherapy massages, daisy flower oil is valued for its nourishing and regenerating benefits to all skins and is an ideal soothing and restorative oil for the most delicate and fragile skins.
DELICATE, FRAGILE SKINS. BRUISES. haematomas, MUSCLES SPASMS. NERVES PAINS (SCIATICA). ARTHRITIS. DELICATE, SENSITIVE& REACTIVE SKINS. SKIN FIRMING. Sagging skins. Skin lacking elasticity. MATURE SKINS. REDNESS AND IRRITATION PRONE SKINS.
+++: Highly recommended,
DELICATE SKINS: +++
MATURE SKINS ++
- BODY MASSAGES, BODY CARE: +++
- FACE CARE: +++
- LIP BALMS: +++
- COMPRESSES: ++
- PERFUMED OILS BASE: ++
+++ Main property.
++ Major property.
+ Minor property
COMEDOGENIC (May Cause clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: +++
- ANTIOXIDANT: +++
- ANALGESIC: +++
- ANTISPASMODIC: +++
- ASTRINGENT, decongestant, toner: +++
- ANTI MICROBIAL, ANTIFUNGAL: ++
- CALMING: +++
- MOISTURIZING: +++
- SKIN TONER, FIRMING: ++
- SKIN SOFTENING: ++
- CICATRIZING: ++
The reported decongestant, tonic lymphatic, and anti-inflammatory properties of Bellis perennis oil are attributed to the presence of Beta-myrcene (28%).
- On itself, as a body and face care, massages, and daily routines. Apply a few drops of daisy flower oil directly on your area of concern.
- To dilute essential oils,
- Associated with butters, carrier oils or base cream/lotions, to make lip balms, gorgeous serums, and perfumed oils.
Daisy flower oil is known to be used:
- As an ingredient in restorative, calming, soothing preparations for sensitive, redness and Rosacea prone and for mature skin care (hand, face or body creams, lotions.)
- To create bruises and hematomas lotions, serums, and balms.
- As a regenerating, nourishing ingredient in stretch marks, sagging skins, particularly in post-pregnancy care ranges, or as massage oils targeting the tummy, upper-legs and decolletage area.
- To create tonic, firming and plumping creams, massage oils, balms, or lotions for sagging skins.
- Included in creams that aim to restore skin elasticity.
- In aromatherapy massages, as carrier for essential oils.
To soothe and restore SENSITIVE, IRRITATED, ROSACEA PRONE SKINS: can be blend (to make serums) with Hemp seed, Sweet almond or Tamanu carrier oil with few drops of Helichrysum, Carrot seed or Rose damask essential oils.
To tone and firm-up TIRED SKINS, MATURE SKINS: with Rosehip oil, Apricot oil, Grapeseed carrier oil and/or with Rock rose, rose geranium, Palmarosa, Lavender essential oils.
For stretch marks care, post-pregnancy skin care: with shea butter, Prickly pear, Macadamia carrier oil.
For bruises, hematomas: Arnica and St John’s wort oils, Helichrysum.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- WARNING: These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference works or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytotherapy. They are found there regularly and for many confirmed by observations in scientific circles. However, this information is given for informational purposes, it cannot in any case constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.