Melissa ( Lemon Balm) Organic Essential Oil - 10 ml
Melissa ( Lemon Balm) Organic Essential Oil - 10 ml
A favourite in diffusions. Calming, appeasing. Uplifting. Fresh and lemony. For peaceful sleep. In support of stress, depressed and anxious states, relaxing massages.
INCI Name : Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm) leaf oil
CAS Number :8014-71-9
SKU code :
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled essential oil
PARTS USED: Aerial parts (leaves and flowering tops)
COMMON NAMES: Lemon balm, Bal-Smin
APPEARANCE: Pale yellow to golden, liquid
ODOUR NOTE: Middle to top note, fresh, lemony, slightly sweet-honey notes, herbaceous.
STORAGE CONDITION: Keep tightly closed, away from light and heat sources. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
TYPICAL MAIN MOLECULAR CONSTITUENTS: Geranial (34,81%), Neral (26.07%), Beta-Caryophyllene (11.10%), Geraniol (5.88%), Germacrene (1.22%)
Contains potential allergen molecules: Citral (=Neral and Geranial), Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, iso-Eugenol.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Pure Lemon balm essential oil is one of the valuable oils in aromatherapy, used in calming diffusion and targeted skincare and massage synergies. Melissa essential oil is frequently relied upon in Professional and special care environments (Hospice, Frail, and palliative care) to create a peaceful mood. Melissa (from the Greek word for bee) looks like a mint and smells like lemon, its little white flowers attract bees. True, pure, Lemon balm essential oil is rare as the plants yields very little essential oil. As a result, many Melissa essential oils found on the market are either pre-blended in a carrier oil or adulterated with May Chang (Litsea cubeba), Lemon verbena and essential oils from the Citronella family. Our Melissa essential our is a pure and potent essential oil, with a strong aroma. Use it with parsimony (1 drop is often enough, heavily diluted for skin applications or use it as hints in blends and synergies for diffuser, hand lotions, massage oils, natural perfumes, and body oils.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: ++++
- HYPOTENSIVE: +++
- CALMING, SEDATIVE: +++
- ANTISPASMODIC: ++
- SKIN ANTIBACTERIAL: ANTIFUNGAL, ANTIVIRAL++
Carminative, stomachic, choleretic, litholytic, cardiac tonic, emmenagogue, stimulant
- Stress related Insomnia, Difficulty falling asleep
- Stress, anxiety
- Mood swings, depression, nervous breakdowns
- Stomach cramps, indigestions, nausea
- Menstrual cramps
- Palpitations, hypertension, headaches (massages)
- Skin bacterial, fungal, and viral attacks
- Insects’ bites, skins reactions
- In natural perfumery
- In hand and body lotions or creams
- In diffusions
- In massages
- In food and drinks
DILUTE HEAVILY BEFORE USE ON SKIN
BETTER USED AT NIGHT, BEFORE SLEEP.
Fantastic for this use +++
Acceptable (suitable) for this use ++
Massages & body care: +++
- Body massages +++ add 1drop of lemon balm essential oil per 10 drops carrier oil (10 % concentration). Use for calming, balancing massages on the solar plexus or on stomach area. Use on targeted skin area (insects bites, Viral skins conditions (ex: herpes related). Can be applied with roll-ons too.
- Body & scalp care +++ use 1 to 2 drops essential oil per 10 ml carrier oil to friction itchy scalps, apply for feet hygiene/ fungi… (Ex: with Neem oil)
- Baths ++: appease and prepare to sleep: 10 drops of melissa essential oil in a handful Epsom salt. Mix well and let absorb for 30 minutes. Pour into warm bath and relax for 20 minutes.
- Ultrasonic Diffusers +++: use diluted with other essential oils in calming synergies, use 10 min 3 times a day.
- Natural Perfumery+++
- To aromatise honey or table oils ++.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
- In calming, appeasing synergies: Lavender, Mandarin, Petit grain, Neroli, Rose, Rosewood Valerian…essential oil. For skin uses dilute in St John’s wort (Anti-inflammatory), Calendula or Hemp seed oil (calming), Aloe vera (calming, soothing, hydrating), Neem oil (purifying, anti-fungal) or Avocado/Olive oil.
- Abdominal massages: with Peppermint, basil, Clary sage in a carrier oil (Macadamia, Hazelnut, or Avocado oil)
- Uplifting, toning: with cypress, mint…
FALL ASLEEP MASSAGE OIL:
After shower, before bedtime, dilute 1 drop Melissa+ 1drop Mandarin essential oils in 2 teaspoons Carrier oil.
TONING BODY CREAM (AVOID WHEN PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING/NURSING)
40 Drops Neroli Essential Oil
20 Drops Rosewood Essential Oil
20 Drops Cypress Essential Oil
10 Drops Lemon Balm Essential Oil
100 ml Neutral Fragrance-Free Cream/Lotion
FOR AN UPLIFTING DIFFUSION:
1 drops of Melissa, 4 drops of Bergamot ,3 drops of Basil essential oils
1 drops of Melissa, 3 drops of Lavender and 4 drops of Mandarin.
FOR A HOME-MADE INSECT REPELLENT SPRAY:
In a 100ml spray bottle add: 1 Tablespoon of Home Perfumers Base or Vegetable glycerin, 5 drops of Melissa essential oil, 5 drops of Cedarwood essential oil, 4 drops of Eucalyptus citriodora and 6 drops of Rosemary cineole. Shake well to dilute the essential oils and blend. Top up your bottle with half water/ half Lemongrass or Eucalyptus hydrosol
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE FOR DIRECT INHALATIONS (Steam or inhalers).
- USE ON SKIN ONLY WHEN HEAVILY DILUTED AS THIS ESSENTIAL OIL CAN BE IRRITATING.
- AVOID ON VERY SENSISIVE, REACTIVE SKINS.
- NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 6.
- AVOID SUN EXPOSURE AFTER SKIN APPLICATIONS.