Moringa - 60 capsules - Herbal Collection
Moringa - 60 capsules - Herbal Collection
May help with
- Natural multivitamin supplement
- Contains more calcium than milk, more magnesium than eggs, more potassium than bananas and more iron than spinach
- A complete protein source filled with all essential amino acids as well as powerful antioxidants
- Moringa is both an antioxidant that fights free radicals and an anti-inflammatory
- Improves digestive health
- Balances hormones
- Reduces anxiety and improves sleep
- Chlorogenic acid in moringa leaves balance blood sugar levels and help protect against diabetes
- Said to increase sex drive
- Assists with anaemia
- Assists with thyroid problems, joint pain, fungal, viral, bacterial and parasitic infections
Translation in English by Google Translate (go to the page of the source linked | on Chrome cellphones go on the 3 dots on the top right and select translate in your preferred language | on laptop right click your mouse and select option translate when hoovering on the page
International Latin denomination
Moringa oleifera Lam.
Description and habitat
- Tree native to India and acclimatized in all tropical regions, East Africa and Madagascar
- The genus Moringa is the only one of its family, it includes several species of tropical plants
History and tradition
- Moringa is a food plant, grown for the production of fruits, eaten cooked and exported, used for the treatment of various ailments in folk medicine in South Asia.
- In the Sahel, the leaves of Moringa oleifera are eaten as a vegetable
- Leaves, fruits, seeds, roots, barks, flowers and immature pods
Dosage forms available
Main components of the plant
- Sheets :
- Vitamins, minerals, proteins
- Oil :
- Saturated fatty acids 13%
- Unsaturated fatty acids 82%
- Oleic acid 71%
Main components of buds or young shoots
Main components of essential oil
- Antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory effect  , antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, galactagogue, used in water treatment  , cardiac and circulatory stimulant, antipyretic, antiepileptic, antiulcer, antispasmodic , diuretic, antihypertensive
- Hypolipidemic (hypocholesterolemic), antiatheromatous 
- Due to their richness in proteins and vitamins, Moringa oleifera leaves can be used to treat malnutrition
- The oil extracted from its seeds is a quality edible oil and an interesting raw material for the cosmetics industry (it moisturizes dry skin)
- Moringa seeds contain a biodegradable cationic polyelectrolyte which has shown its effectiveness in water treatment, replacing Aluminum Sulfate or other flocculants
- The cake from oil extraction retains its flocculant properties
- Other uses: animal feed, plant growth hormone, green manure, phytopharmacy 
- Aqueous leaf extract increases the cytotoxicity of chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer 
- Anticancer potential 
- Thiocarbamate derivatives are anti-hypertensives 
- Niazinine ( Moringa oleifera ), vitexin , glucoraphanin have shown by molecular docking studies an effect of inhibition of spike protein, chymotrypsin type 3 protease (3CLpro), main protease (Mpro) of SARS-COV -2 
Properties of essential oil
Indications of the whole plant (phytotherapy)
Indications of the bud (gemmotherapy)
Specific indications of essential oil (aromatherapy)
Known or suspected mode of action
Possible side effects and precautions for use
- Aller↑ Cheenpracha S, Park EJ, Yoshida WY, Barit C, Wall M, Pezzuto JM, Chang LC. Potential anti-inflammatory phenolic glycosides from the medicinal plant Moringa oleifera fruits. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010 Sep 1;18(17):6598-602. doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2010.03.057. PMID 20685125
- Aller↑ Filiz Ceylan, Ahsen Sevde Çinar, Alev Önder. Moringa oleifera and importance in phytotherapy. Poster, International Congress on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants “Natural and Healthy Life”, Konya, Turkey, 2017
- Aller↑ Rajanandh MG, Dr & Satishkumar, MN & Elango, K & Suresh, B. (2012). Moringa Oleifera Lam. A herbal medicine for hyperlipidemia: A pre-clinical report. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 2. S790–S795. 10.1016/S2222-1808(12)60266-7.
- Aller↑ Moringa news. 
- Aller↑ Berkovich L, Earon G, Ron I, Rimmon A, Vexler A, Lev-Ari S. Moringa Oleifera aqueous leaf extract down-regulates nuclear factor-kappaB and increases cytotoxic effect of chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer cells. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:212 (19 August 2013) Abstract Provisional PDF
- Aller↑ Tiloke C, Phulukdaree A, Chuturgoon AA. The antiproliferative effect of Moringa oleifera crude aqueous leaf extract on cancerous human alveolar epithelial cells. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:226 (16 September 2013) Abstract Provisional PDF
- Aller↑ Faizi S, Siddiqui BS, Saleem R, Siddiqui S, Aftab K, Gilani AH. Fully acetylated carbamate and hypotensive thiocarbamate glycosides from Moringa oleifera. Phytochemistry. 1995 Mar;38(4):957-63. doi: 10.1016/0031-9422(94)00729-d. PMID 7766390 .
- Aller↑ Naik SR, Bharadwaj P, Dingelstad N, Kalyaanamoorthy S, Mandal SC, Ganesan A, Chattopadhyay D, Palit P. Structure-based virtual screening, molecular dynamics and binding affinity calculations of some potential phytocompounds against SARS-CoV-2. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2021 Mar 8:1-18. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2021.1891969. PMID 33682632 .
- Mehnaz Kamal. Moringa oleifera Lam - The Miracle tree. Latest Reviews Vol. 6, Issue 5, 2008. http://www.pharmainfo.net/reviews/moringa-oleifera-lam-miracle-tree
- Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases. http://www.oneteamworldwide.com/pdf/Moringa-Chemicals.pdf
Store in a cool, dry place, away from light. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of Children and pets.
Do not exceed the daily dose.
This product is not intended to prevent or cure any form of illness or disease.
If you are pregnant or nursing ; If you have a medical condition or are in the course of medical treatment ; If you are programmed for theater/operation in the near future, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
This product cannot replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This product has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.