Take your empty bottle, and add:
- 60 drops of super Lavandin essential oil
- 10 drops of spearmint essential oil
- 20 drops Lemon essential oil
- 30 drops of Pine essential oil
Shake to combine and then label your bottle. Your synergy is ready to be used!
Use the synergy in diffusion for 10 to 15 minutes near the cat litter, or any other place you want to deodorize.
Do not hesitate to gradually spray these essential oils in short ranges so that your cat/dog gradually gets used to the smell (it is worth remembering that our pets are even more sensitive to smells than us!)
- You can also place a few drops of this synergy on cotton ball to be disposed of in the desired place. Be careful, however, not to leave it within reach of the cat!
Yes: Adults, children and adolescents, pregnant women over 3 months and lactating, babies over 3 months old. And of course, cats and dogs!
No: Do not use in the presence of infants under 3 months of age or pregnant women under 3 months, or people with epilepsy. Seek medical advice before dissemination in the presence of an asthmatic person.
These oils may have different properties, allowing for a mixture acting at different levels. However, if they have the same properties they will be able to strengthen each other to achieve the desired effect because they will have different modes of action.
To know more about the use of essential oils for pets, please check our page Pets and essential oils
Always check with your veterinarian when in doubts on how to use the essential oils.
A WORD OF CAUTION:
Animals are different from humans: firstly physiologically (acutely developed receptors, sensors, and senses, skin, coat, body mass and organs). Secondly by behaviour and habits: Licking their skin, Sniffing around their areas - Dogs and cats ( in particular) have a much more developed sense of smell than ours and all smells affect them with much more power than they do us.
In consequence, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR VET BEFORE INTRODUCING ESSENTIAL OILS TO YOUR PETS DAILY ROUTINES.
Precautions of use of essential oils with animals and pets:
- Do not use essential oils for therapeutic use without the advice of a veterinarian knowledgeable in essential oils uses, applications and precautions.
- Find out more about essential oils before using them.
- Patch Test on a small area 48 hours before applying an essential oil to your pet.
- Do not use any essential oils for animals younger than 3 months, on pregnant or lactating females.
- Never apply pure essential oils on the coat.
- Never inject essential oils (pure or diluted) intravenously, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously.
- Never apply pure or diluted essential oils to the eyes.
- Never apply pure essential oils to the ears or mucous membranes.
These words of caution are not a substitute for a consultation with a qualified veterinarian.