A WORD OF CAUTION:
Animals are different from humans: firstly physiologically (acutely developed receptors, sensors, and senses, skin, coat, body mass and organs). Secondly by behaviour and habits: Licking their skin, Sniffing around their areas - Dogs and cats ( in particular) have a much more developed sense of smell than ours and all smells affect them with much more power than they do us.
In consequence, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR VET BEFORE INTRODUCING ESSENTIAL OILS TO YOUR PETS DAILY ROUTINES.
Precautions of use of essential oils with animals and pets:
- Do not use essential oils for therapeutic use without the advice of a veterinarian knowledgeable in essential oils uses, applications and precautions.
- Find out more about essential oils before using them.
- Patch Test on a small area 48 hours before applying an essential oil to your pet.
- Do not use any essential oils for animals younger than 3 months, on pregnant or lactating females.
- Never apply pure essential oils on the coat.
- Never inject essential oils (pure or diluted) intravenously, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously.
- Never apply pure or diluted essential oils to the eyes.
- Never apply pure essential oils to the ears or mucous membranes.
These words of caution are not a substitute for a consultation with a qualified veterinarian.
DISCLAIMER ON RECIPES & SYNERGIES