Stress, anxiety, insomnia, MUSCLE PAIN, JOINT PAIN, RHEUMATISM, GOOD FOR ATHLETES, BACK PAIN, SCIATICA, RHEUMATISM, TENDINITIS…
Epsom salt is a multi-function ingredient with a multitude of potential uses for body, house and garden. You will find below a few wellbeing related ideas on how to use Epsom salt with essential oils.
Our 100% pure Epsom salt is of a superior quality meant for body (hygiene) uses.
• As a relaxing body bath, with anti-inflammatory effects, in case of insomnia, trouble sleeping, stress or to relax before sleep. Epsom Salt is known for its relaxing properties, it helps to relax muscles, relieving pains or stiffness of the joints. Dilute 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt into your bath. Rinse before moisturizing.
• In foot bath: dilute 1 to 2 tablespoons in a basin of lukewarm water. Soak and enjoy
• Once a week as a Body scrub: apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of salts on wet skin. Massage gently using circular motion. Rinse. Moisturize.
• Epsom salts are wonderful carriers to essential oils. Create your own magical bath salt, by adding a few drops of essential oils, according to your specific needs and fancy.
• For pain soothing: anti-inflammatory and analgesic essential oils of wintergreen, Eucalyptus Citriodora.
• For a relaxing and de-stressing bath, you could add Petitgrain Bigarade, lavender, essential oils.
• For a detox, tonifying bath and to help fight cellulite: add cypress, juniper berry or lemon essential oil to you salt before diluting in you bath
• To create your own exfoliating salts or body scrubs, combine the soothing qualities of Epsom salts with the moisturizing benefit of carrier oil like Arnica macerated oil or any other oil you may see fit.
• In soothing foot bath for sore and tired feet (complete your foot spa by massaging a blend of Arnica macerated oil (anti-inflammatory) with peppermint essential oil (analgesic and cooling)
People with skin lesions (eczema, psoriasis, etc.) should seek medical advice before use.
In case of eye contact, rinse with water for several minutes.
what IS the difference between Epsom salt and Table salt?
Epsom salt (MgSO4 7H2O) is composed almost exclusively of Magnesium Sulphate (>99%) with traces of other minerals (Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, etc.). Table salt, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), on the other hand, is composed of 40% Chlorine and 60% Sodium. Table salt and Epsom salt have quite different chemical compositions and therefore different properties.
Table salt is extracted from the sea, salt marshes or mines. It is obtained by sedimentation after water evaporation. Epsom salt is extracted from Dolomite, a carbonate sedimentary rock. It is obtained from natural minerals from underground deposits and purified. Common salt is used as a food preservative, and spice, and prevents skin and cells dehydration. Epsom salt is not meant to be ingested without strict medical supervision (Powerful laxative).