Katafray oil organic essential 10 ml
Katafray (Cedrelopsis grevei) essential oil is a 100% pure and natural product, extracted from the bark of the katafray tree native to Madagascar.
Known for its soothing and relaxing properties, Katafray essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy to alleviate stress, anxiety, and insomnia.
In natural cosmetics and perfumery, this oil offers an intriguing woody, earthy aroma, adding depth and character to blends.
Historically, traditional healers in Madagascar have used Katafray essential oil for its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties to ease muscular aches and joint discomfort.
This versatile oil is a valuable addition to your collection, whether used in aromatherapy or as an enriching component in your natural cosmetic and perfumery creations.
KATAFRAY/ KATRAFAY ESSENTIAL OIL
SKIN CARE HYDRATING DRY TO VERY DRY AND DAMAGED SKINS, CRACKED HANDS, HEELS OR LIPS. SOOTHING TO MUSCLES AND JOINTS, BODY MASSAGES, COMPRESSES.
INCI name: Cedrelopsis grevei (katafray) bark oil
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation
PARTS USED: bark
ORIGIN: South Africa
COMMON NAMES: Katafa, Katrafay, Katrafray, Kathrafay, Cedrelopsis essential oil
APPEARANCE: pale yellow to pale brown clear liquid.
ODOUR NOTE: Middle to top note. Suave & earthy, clean, slightly sweet, warm & woody.
STORAGE CONDITION: Keep in a dry, cool place, away from light.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Aromatic molecules: Ishwarane (46.9%).
Our Katafray essential oil is extracted from the bark of Cedrelopsis grevei, the small tree native to Madagascar. Katafray bark extract has been known to promote the good hydration of the skin, and to offer its invigorating, stimulating, and restoring properties to overworked and depleted minds and bodies. Katafray essential oil is also well loved for its warm, gentle, soothing support for strained muscles and joints, while its aroma carries the same warm, enveloping, appeasing yet energizing qualities.
- Anti-Inflammatory++++: to skin, muscles, and joint discomforts
- Skin Hydrating+++: stimulates skin hydration.
- General Tonic, Stimulant, energizing +++
- Skin repair and regenerating+++: various damaged skin conditions (eczema, dermatitis, burns, insects’ bites.
- Antalgic, pain soothing+++: minor pain of all kinds, migraines, back pain, sore throat.
- Anti-histaminic for skin related allergies +++
- Antipruritic+++: calming to itchy, irritated, fragile, reactive, allergic skins reactions (eczema, psoriasis...)
Help improve Skin related conditions:
- To help soothe discomfort, pain relief.
- To help with inflamed skins.
- To help hydrate and repair very dry to very dry and damaged skins, cracked heels or lips.
- To help soothe itching (Antipruritic), in support of psoriasis, eczema…
- Help improve ease of movements (move better)
- To help soothe discomfort, pain relief.
- To help soothe inflamed muscles and joints.
- Assist in easing back, rheumatism, muscle, and joint related discomforts.
- To help soothe sore throats and headaches.
- To support good lymphatic and circulatory system (varicose veins...)
- Help support good sleep patterns and boost energy levels.
- Intellectual stimulating
- Toning and energizing, fortifying.
- To helps fight fatigue and to support during recuperation.
For wellbeing massage, topical, local & target applications on muscles & joints, on temples and forehead, on compresses, application to pressure points, on damaged or irritated skins. dry to very dry and damaged skins, cracked heels or lips.
External uses only. For skin applications. Not recommended for Diffusions. Not recommended for inhalations.
Always use diluted on the skin (max. 20%) in a carrier oil, creams.
Fantastic for this use +++
Acceptable (suitable) for this use ++
On skin for wellbeing massages, body care and face care
- General soothing body massages+++: use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration)
- Energizing body massages, overwork, fatigue+++: 2 drops of Katafray essential oil in 8 drops of carrier oil, massaged along the spine.
- Local and targeted massage on joints and articulations+++: 2 drops of katafray essential oil diluted in a teaspoon of carrier oil (Arnica) For localized pressure points, tendons:1 drop local with 5 drops of carrier oil.
- Rehydrating face care +++: use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration). Incorporate a few drops to clays for face masks. Add 1-2 drops of katafray essential oil into 2 Teaspoons of neutral cream.
- Dry skin, cracked heel or lips body oil+++: 2 drops of Katafray essential oil in 8 drops of hydrating, calming carrier oils (St John’s worth, Calendula, wheatgerm, Tamanu…) butter (shea, avocado…) or cream: applied and massaged onto the affected area(s)
- Wellbeing revitalizing baths for exhausted bodies and minds, to help restore and maintain good general energy levels ++: First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts.
For Perfume making+++: Link to Perfume base page for dilutions ratios.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY.
- To local massage concerned areas with Joints, Articulations, Lumbago, back tensions, Tendons: Wintergreen, Rosemary, Lavandin, Thyme, Eucalyptus citriodora.
- For Insect Bites, Skin irritations and itches: Lavender.
- Dry skins: German chamomile, Roman camomile, Spearmint, Citronella.
- Cracked heels: with shea butter jojoba or wheat germ carrier oil, Rock rose or Rosemary essential oils.
- Physical Fatigue: Ravintsara, Peppermint.
- Mental fatigue: bergamot, basil, peppermint
- Head and neck tensions: Peppermint.
- In natural perfumes (Excellent in masculine colognes, fresh waters, or perfumes): west indies bay, Clary sage, Marjoram, Rosemary, Tea tree, Frankincense, Myrrh, Vanilla, Benzoin absolute.
- In general, with lavender, tea tree, and rosemary
The Malagasy people have traditionally relied on the Katafray special attributes, to support their daily wellbeing. The plant dried bark strips, tied in balls, are purchased on local health markets, then grinded with water. Mixed with clay, that paste is used to make hydrating face masks and cataplasms for muscles and joints ointments.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt