Mimosa Absolute Oil
MIMOSA ABSOLUTE OIL
Acacia decurrens var dealbata
Natural perfumery, Nervous tension, Stress, nervous fatigue, Calming, Sleep support, relaxing.
INCI Name : Acacia dealbata (Mimosa) flower absolute
SYNONYMS : Acacia dealbata Link ; Acacia decurrens var dealbata (Link) Muller
CAS Number :8031-03-6/ 98903-76-5/ 93685-96-2
SKU code :
EXTRACTION METHOD: Organic extraction (hexane free) from Mimosa flower concrete.
PARTS USED: Flowers
COMMON NAMES: Silver wattle, blue wattle, Mimosa oil.
APPEARANCE: Yellow to green-yellow, viscous liquid (thick yet pourable).
ODOUR NOTE: Middle to base note; green, herbaceous, fresh, wet/watery (sometimes described as cucumber at start); followed by soft floral, sweet-honey powdery, herbal, warm. Dry down is sweet-fruity, floral a bit waxy and powdery. Altogether soft but tenacious. Can act as a fixative.
SOLUBILITY: Soluble at 7% in ethanol (>90°) and fixed oils; Not soluble in water/ water-based products/
flash point 100°C
TYPICAL MOLECULAR COMPOSITION: Lupenol, 3-ketoursen, benzyl benzoate, ethyl benzoate (methyl salicylate, ethyl linoleate…).
STORAGE CONDITION: Keep bottle tightly closed, in a cool, dry place protected from sunlight and heat sources. Store away from children and pets’ reach.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Please note: Our Mimosa absolute is a 100% pure Mimosa flower extract and has a green, floral, powdery, and slightly fruity and honeyed aromatic profile. The rich and warm aroma is reminiscent but NOT EXACTLY SIMILAR however, to the smell associated in our collective minds with the explosion of aromatic pollens, that occurs when all mimosa trees come in blooms together.
Mimosa Absolute oil, extracted from the flowers of the silver Wattle tree (Acacia dealbata), is a popular ingredient in both aromatherapy and perfumery. Known for its delicate, sweet, and floral aroma, this oil is cherished for its soothing and uplifting properties.
• Mimosa Absolute Oil is used in natural perfumery in floral green compositions, to give a natural green, fresh, clean, vegetal effect together with light fruit nuances. Its fixative and enhancer qualities, add to its popularity in high-end and luxury natural perfumes.
• In aromatherapy, Mimosa Absolute Oil is considered to possess stress-relieving properties and is used to promote relaxation, calmness, and emotional balance.
• The oil has also been utilized in skincare products for its soothing properties, and is believed to be beneficial for dry, sensitive, or mature skins.
Mimosa Absolute Oil, derived from the flowers and twigs of the Acacia Dealbata tree, is known for its various therapeutic properties and benefits, particularly in aromatherapy and skincare.
Some of the reported benefits and properties include:
- Relaxing and calming effects: Mimosa Absolute Oil has a soothing aroma that can help alleviate stress, anxiety, and nervous tension. It is often used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation and emotional balance.
- Antidepressant properties: The oil is believed to have mood-lifting effects and is sometimes used to help combat feelings of sadness, depression, or grief, by uplifting the spirits and promoting a positive outlook.
- Skin-soothing properties: Mimosa Absolute Oil is known for its gentle, soothing effects on the skin. It may help to alleviate irritation, redness, and inflammation, making it an excellent choice for individuals with sensitive or easily irritated skin.
- Moisturizing and nourishing: The oil is believed to have moisturizing properties that help to hydrate and nourish dry or mature skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- Anti-aging properties: Mimosa Absolute Oil is thought to contain antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from oxidative stress and environmental factors that contribute to the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Astringent properties: The oil has been used historically as an astringent, which can help tighten and tone the skin, improving its overall appearance.
- Wound healing: Mimosa Absolute Oil has been used traditionally to support the healing process of minor wounds, cuts, and abrasions.
It is important to note that while Mimosa Absolute Oil has various reported benefits and properties, individual experiences may vary, and it is always a good idea to consult with a qualified healthcare professional before using any essential or absolute oil for therapeutic purposes.
Additionally, the oil should be diluted with a carrier oil before application to the skin, as it can be highly concentrated and may cause irritation if used undiluted.
Mimosa Absolute Oil can be used in various ways, depending on your intended purpose.
Like all absolutes Mimosa absolute is used at very low concentrations. Less than 1% in your preparations will give a noticeable effect (that is 1-2 drop(s) per 10 ml/ 2 teaspoons of base of your choice)
For ease of use and dosage, but also to reveal the true nature of the aroma, you may choose to create a “concentrate”, rather than using the pure absolute neat and directly, in your creations. That is dilute a few drops of this pure absolute when you receive it, in a perfumer’s base or in carrier oil (according to your end use or preferences).
You then add a few drops of your concentrate, at the safe dosage mentioned below for the applications you have in mind.
Note that natural and pure absolutes do not dissolve in water or water-based products.
Massages & Skin applications
- Face care use 1 to 2 drops of your pre-diluted absolute oil per 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration)
- Body massages use 1 to 4 drops of your pre-diluted absolute oil per 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration)
- Bathing products/rinse products: add up to 10 drops of pre-diluted absolute oil to 20 ml castile soap or neutral shower gel (up to 2.5%).
- 1 drop in an Ultrasonic Diffuser, use 10 min 3 times a day.
This is a pure, very concentrated, undiluted potent absolute. Only a very few drops (or low concentrations) are needed to achieve the most beautiful results.
Mimosa absolute, although soft in scent, is very tenacious. For that reason, it can be used as a fixative in your natural fragrances.
To create a concentrate, IFRA recommendation is: 8% dilution MAX in the (fragrance) concentrate = Dilution in a perfumer’s base or a carrier oil (Jojoba (neutral), Sandalwood Nut oil (aromatic), etc.), depending on your preferences and end uses.
That is up to 16 drops of absolute per 10ml perfumer’s base/ Carrier oil. You can start with lower concentrations and adjust to your liking -do not exceed the recommended concentrations-to express all the layers and subtilities of this absolute.
In a clean, dark glass bottle add the number of drops to your preferred base, close, shake and label. Let infuse and keep your vial in a dark, cool place until needed. Use your pre-dilution, a few drops at a time, as it will still be very concentrated and intense.
Traditionally used with floral, sweet, and hay-like profiles, Mimosa is key in herbal blends and in natural floral accords with rose, Jasmin, and other white flowers.
- As a soliflore powdery soft perfume.
- To explore making your very own natural perfume blends.
- To create roller perfumed oil to apply to your wrists and other pulse points.
- To fragrance your skin care, body oils and liquid soaps: Just add the safe amount of pre-diluted drops to your preferred neutral body cream, shower gel or lotion.
Here are some general instructions for using the oil:
- Aromatherapy: To enjoy the soothing and calming effects of Mimosa Absolute Oil, you can use it in an essential oil diffuser or add a few drops to a bowl of hot water. This will release the oil's fragrance into the air, promoting relaxation and emotional balance.
- Massage: For a relaxing and stress-relieving massage, blend a few drops of Mimosa Absolute Oil with a carrier oil like jojoba, sweet almond, or grapeseed oil. This will create a nourishing and soothing massage oil that can help alleviate tension and promote relaxation.
- Bath: To create a calming and rejuvenating bath experience, add 5-10 drops of Mimosa Absolute Oil to a warm bath, mixed with a carrier oil or a dispersant like Epsom salt. This can help soothe the skin, relax the body, and uplift the mood.
- Skincare: Mimosa Absolute Oil can be added to your skincare routine by blending it with your preferred carrier oil, lotion, or cream. Use a 1-2% dilution (1-2 drops per teaspoon of carrier oil) for general skincare applications or up to a 5% dilution for targeted use on specific areas. This can help soothe irritated skin, provide hydration, and promote a healthy complexion.
- Perfumery: Mimosa Absolute Oil is a popular ingredient in the perfume industry for its warm, sweet, and floral fragrance. You can create your own custom perfume blend by combining Mimosa Absolute Oil with other essential or absolute oils, such as jasmine, lavender, or rose.
- Room spray: To create a relaxing and refreshing room spray, combine 10-20 drops of Mimosa Absolute Oil with water and a small amount of alcohol (such as vodka) in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use and mist the air to enjoy the calming scent.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
- Citrus: all (especially Neroli, Grapefruit, lemon, yuzu)
- Spicy: Black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon leaf, coriander leaf, ginger
- Flowery: ylang-ylang, rose, white flowers, rose geranium,
- Herbal: lavender, spearmint, palmarosa
- Woody: Juniper berry, Patchouli, ambrette, sandalwood, Ho wood
- Green: violet leaf
- Fruity: blackcurrant bud
- Resinous: Lentisque, cistus and rock rose,
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt