ROSE DAMASK (BULGARIAN ROSE OTTO) ESSENTIAL OIL
ROSA x DAMASCENA MILL.
SKIN TONIC AND TONER AGENT, REGENERATIVE, ASTRINGENT, INVIGORATING, REFRESHING, RESTORATIVE. FOR MATURE SKIN CARE, DULL SKINS, REDNESS, ROSACEA AND STRETCH LINES. BODY AND MIND BALANCING, APPEASING, CALMING.
INCI name: Rosa damascena Flower oil
SKU code: PEO1172
EXTRACTION METHOD: hydro-distillation (at low temperature) of flower petals.
PARTS USED: flowers
COMMON NAMES: Rose essential oil, Damask Rose, Rose Otto essential oil, Bulgarian rose essential oil, Attar of roses, Rose essence.
APPEARANCE: colourless to pale yellow, clear transparent liquid. Can become more viscous a temperature below 20°C.
ODOUR NOTE: Middle to top note. Strong, Sweet & floral, slightly lemony, balsamic.
STORAGE CONDITION: Keep in its tight closed amber bottle, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
Note that: It is normal for pure unadulterated Rose essential oils to become more viscous at lower temperatures. If that happens, just warm the bottle gently between the palms of your hands for a few minutes.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS:
All together luxurious, mesmerizing, fresh and romantic our pure Rose damask essential oil combines a strong aromatic presence with energizing, balancing and deeply appeasing active properties, that you can enjoy in your daily skin care routine, in wellbeing applications, in diffusions and… of course, in your very own Fragrant body Oils and perfumes.
- Scar healing, astringent, skin toner, skin regenerative +++
- Energizing, boosting, and energizing, skin tonic effect +++
- Antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial ++
- Balancing, Calming, relaxing, soothing, appeasing, spasmolytic +++
Fantastic for this application +++
Suitable for this application ++
Massages & body care: the essential oil of rose damask is precious and rare. It is used highly diluted, best reserved for targeted or spot applications:
- Before a soothing body massage or to calm and appease +++: dilute 1 drop of rose essential oil in 9 drops of carrier oil. Apply 1 drop of the mix just between the lips and the nose.
- For targeted balancing and energizing body massages +++: dilute 1 drop of Rose essential oil into 20 drops of carrier oil. Massage 3 drops on the upper torso and 3 drops on the inner wrists. Inhale from your wrist from time to time.
- For Face care, +++: in regenerating cream or lotions use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration)
- For Body & Hair care+++: use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration)
- Bath First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts ++
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, use 10 min 3 times a day. +++
- Cooking +++1 drops added cold to the buttery or syrupy phase of your preparations, brings a powerful rose water aroma to your sweet dishes. Great in fruits salads, marmalades, jams, cookies, candies and cakes
- Perfume making, body sprays, face mists +++: dissolve in perfume base.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED ON THE SKIN and seek medical and specialist advice when in doubt.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
- Help improve the appearance of Stretch marks, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Assist and comfort in various states of sadness & melancholy, affective distress.
- Promote balance and calm in anxiety, difficulty sleeping.
- Help “letting go”, surrender to calm, release, and relax before meditation or during stressful times…
- Bring an appeasing atmosphere in the last transitional stages (passing) of life.
- For scar healing and other skin concerns: Helichrysum, Cistus (rock rose), Niaouli.
- For mature skin, fine lines, and wrinkles: with Rose geranium
- Associated with Rosehip carrier oil, carrot root carrier oil for mature skin care.
- Associated with Tamanu oil for skin care concerns, or wheat germ Oil for very dry skins.
- For calming, relaxing effect: with other calming and appeasing essential oils mandarin, lavender, may Chang and Neroli.
- For energizing and boosting effect: with Ylang-ylang, Neroli.
- In Perfumes, Rose blends all essential oils. It's a question of personal tastes and experimenting. Think of a bouquet of real flowers and leaves. You can associate with other flowers or balance the rose sweetness with more woody or earthy fragrances. You can make it sweeter with ylang-ylang, vanilla, jasmine patchouli…
The first reports of a Rose essence date from the 7th century in the Ottoman empire, where people already distilled the beloved flowers for its fragrance and for its “magical and universally healing properties”.
Called “nectar of nectars” or “Precious amongst the precious”, Rose Attar or essence was considered the most luxurious perfume of the orient. It was used in all the important life rituals, from welcoming new-borns to assisting in the transitional stages of passing. It was used in the preparation of gourmet dessert and of “love” potions. It soon conquered Europe and the rest of the world. Both rose essential oil and rose water remain to this day one of the ultimate floral essences.
Rose essential oil vs Rose Absolute oil:
These are two hugely different extracts obtained from the same plant. Whereas the ESSENTIAL OIL of ROSE is obtained through a SIMPLE HYDRO DISTILLATION process, the same flower ABSOLUTE involves A COMPLEX PROCESS with natural solvent extractions & vacuuming to produce a super concentrated aromatic concrete. The concrete will be again processed to give the concentrated absolute.
ESSENTIAL OILS are SUPER CONCENTRATED WITH ALL THE ACTIVE HERBAL PROPERTIES of the plant and less concentrated in fragrant molecules. ABSOLUTE OILS are HIGHLY CONCENTRATED IN FRAGRANT MOLECULES and have lost most of the active herbal properties of the plant.
That is why PURE ESSENTIAL OILS WILL BE USED IN WELLBEING, AROMATHERAPY, AND ACTIVE COSMETICS (where the active herbal characteristics of the plant is required), while PURE CONCRETE AND ABSOLUTE OILS REMAIN INDISPENSABLE TO THE PERFUMERY WORLD.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt