Plum Kernel Organic Carrier Oil - 100 ml
Plum Kernel Organic Carrier Oil - 100 ml
for face, body, hair: hydrating, good for all skin types;
alternative to almond oil;
soothing, suitable for fragile or delicate skin, for dehydrated, dry skin, sensitive skin, scaly, reactive skin.
for wrinkle, mature and dry skin. for delicate under eyes care, depuffing, dark circles, under-eyes bags, moisturizes and protect skins.
plumping, hydrating, toning, firming, hyperpigmentation scars, calming.
INCI Name: Prunus domestica (Plum) seed oil
CAS Number: 90082-87-4
EXTRACTION METHOD: Cold Pressed.
PARTS USED: Seeds/Kernel
COMMON NAMES: Common European plum
APPEARANCE: light yellow to Golden yellow fluid oil.
Plum kernel oils aroma may vary, ranging from strong bitter almond/ “marzipan-like” smell to mild or very lightly noticeable, according to concentration of Benzaldehydes molecules (responsible for the almond smell) naturally present in the kernels.
AROMA: Faint, almond type, gentle aroma.
QUALITY: 100 % pure organic carrier oil. Mechanically cold-pressed, clarified by screen filtration. Product from organic cultivations (Orchards)
COMPOSITION/ FATTY ACID PROFILE: 71.90% OLEIC ACID (OMEGA-9); 20.90% LINOLEIC ACID (OMEGA-6); 5.10% PALMITIC ACID, 0.90% stearic acid; 0.50% Palmitoleic acid (Omega-7), 0.10% Alpha-linolenic acid (Omega-3), alpha & gamma tocopherols (VIT. E; +/- 15mg /100gr).
SHORT DESCRIPTION - INTERESTING FACTS:
The inner fleshy part of plum Pits/Kernels are mechanically cold pressed to extract the oil. Ideal carrier oil for aromatherapy blends, all massages, and home-made natural cosmetics, the oleic acids rich plum kernel oil is well absorbed by the skin and enables the deep penetration of active ingredients. This cold pressed, very stable, Plum kernel oil is a highly hydrating and versatile carrier oil, suitable for all skins, including delicate, fragile, and sensitive skins (Babies) or skin areas (Under eyes). Great alternative choice to olive oil (comparable properties), or for people who are allergic to almond oil (*). Plum kernel oil is rich in nutriments but is lightweight (non-sticky), it deeply nourishes the skin and locks-in hydration, leaving a silky, satin-like finish.
(*) see cautions.
- HYDRATING, MOISTURIZING, REDUCES WATER LOSS: (Linoleic acid, Oleic acid, Palmitic acid)
- REGENERATING, CICATRIZING, wounds healing, (palmitoleic acid)
- STRENGTHENING, PROTECTING (Linoleic acid)
- SKIN SOFTENING
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, CALMING
- ANTIOXIDANT (Vit E)
- HYPERPIGMENTATION (palmitoleic acid)
*COMEDOGENIC SCALE (Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
In antioxidant mature or maturing skin care: wrinkles, healthy aging skin care ranges.
In skin care ranges for dry, very dry type of skins
In baby care ranges
HOW TO USE:
- Use by itself for face, body, or hair hydration applications:
Apply a few drops morning and night directly on a clean face. Massage gently with the tip of fingers
- More often used as an added hydrating ingredient in body oils or massage blends:
In a neutral cream: add 1 to 10%
Mixed with a butter (Shea, coconut, avocado): add 5 to 30%
In another carrier oil: add 1 to 20 %
In Aloe Vera gel: add 10%
- To lighten the weight of a blend especially when using heavier, slow to absorb oils.
- To make eye contour serums
- To make body scrubs (with sugar, apricot kernels) or face scrubs (rosehip wax)
- In lip balms
- In ready-made creams, lotions, shampoo bases and conditioners
- In face and hair serums.
- In baby and delicate skins compositions/oils: baby massage oils
- In pre shampoo or hair conditioning for dry, fragile, prone to breakage hair, dry tips.
- For wrinkles and healthy aging skin care, facial serums, or creams: with Rose geranium, Helichrysum italicum (immortelle), French lavender essential oils; Associate with Hemps seed oil, Rosehip oil, Hibiscus oil, Prickly pear oil…
- For dry, sensitive type of skins: Sesame seed oil, Baobab oil, Shea oil or butter
- For eye contour serums, under eyes dark circles, de-puffing: with rosemary, rose geranium, lavender, or celery essential oils. Associated with Licorice oil.
- For pre shampoo or hair conditioning for dry, fragile, easy to break hair, split ends: with shea butter, argan oil, Castor oil, jojoba oil, rosemary, ylang-ylang.
Like Peach and Apricot kernel oil, Prune kernel oil is reported as non-irritating and non-sensitizing to the skin.
Nonetheless, as a precaution always perform a patch test prior introducing a new product to your life routines.