FOR ALL SKIN TYPES, OILY SKINS, SENSITIVE SKINS, MATURE SKIN CARE, BLEMISHES & IMPERFECTIONS PURIFYING, BALANCING & SKIN REGENERATION, CALMING, RELAXING, TENSIONS RELEASE, SUBTIL AND FRESH AROMA, GENTLE ESSENTIAL OIL.
INCI name: Aniba rosaeodora (Rosewood) leaf oil
Synonyms: Aniba rosaeodora Ducke.
CAS number: 8015-77-8
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled essential oil.
PARTS USED: LEAVES*
ORIGIN: Brazil – from Controlled Silviculture and sustainable plantations.
COMMON NAMES: Brazilian Rosewood leaf oil, Pau-Rosa leaf oil.
APPEARANCE: Colourless to pale yellow liquid.
ODOUR NOTE: Fresh, softly woody, Sweet rosy-floral, with petitgrain undertones aroma. Middle note to base note.
STORAGE CONDITION: keep in tightly closed bottle, in a cool and dry area, away from sunlight.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Our rosewood organic essential oil -Aniba rosaeodora var Amazonica- from sustainable farming and agroforestry organisations, who work at saving this protected species, through cultivation and propagation. Our essential oil, distilled exclusively from the leafy twigs, is renowned for its purifying properties and very calming sweet fragrance. On the skin, diluted in your creams, rosewood essential oil is used as an anti-ageing active ingredient. Its firming, stimulating & regenerating qualities, will be a superb addition to your body and hair treatments.
This Rosewood leaf essential oil is rich in linalool (78%).
Rosewood leaf essential oil has been reported to present the following properties:
- Perfumery ingredient: +++
- Antiseptic, Antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral: +++
- Astringent and tonic to the skin: +++
- Skin firming: +++
- Stimulating, energizing: +++
- In Perfumery: as a base note
- In targeted massages on neck and solar plexus: to soothe occasional and common Ear, Nose & Throat discomforts.
- In targeted body massages: To help release muscles spasms.
- In targeted and localized massages: To help manage minor pain and inflammations.
- In wellbeing body massages: to help lift moods, relax the mind, and ease emotional tensions.
- In diffusers and inhalations from tissues: assist in cases of physical and intellectual fatigue.
- In diffusers for meditation or concentration.
- In diffusers, in balms and creams: To help boost immunity.
- In carrier oils, creams…To promote heathy skin: regenerating, purifying and tonic.
For all skin types, Oily skins, Sensitive skins, Mature skins, Wrinkles.
Rosewood leaf essential oil is soluble in oils. Not soluble in water.
Fantastic for this use +++
Acceptable (suitable) for this use ++
Massages & body care
• Targeted & Body wellbeing massages +++: use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) or 1 drop rosewood essential oil to 9 drops of carrier oil.
For local and targeted applications on affected area: 2-3 drops of rosewood essential oils diluted in 2 drops of carrier oil (macadamia…)
• Face care +++: use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration); example: add 1 drop Rosewood e.o. + 1 drop of another e.o. (rose damask, rock rose… for mature skins, fine lines preventions; niaouli for pimples…lavender for calming effect) in 2 tablespoons of neutral cream, rosehip oil, primrose oil, tamanu…
• Body & Hair care +++: use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration)
• Hygiene and Bath products++: First dilute: 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts
• Ultrasonic Diffusers ++: for air purification, use 10 min 3 times a day.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED ON THE SKIN AND SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY.
Calming, Uplifting Diffusions: May Chang, mandarin, lavender, Ylang-Ylang, Frankincense, Myrrh, Neroli, Roman Chamomile essential oils
Diffusions, Inhalation to help with fatigue: Grapefruit, Bay leaf, Petitgrain bigarade, Marjoram, with shells, Lemon beds, Mandarin, Juniper berry essential oils.
Skin Purifying: Rose geranium, Palmarosa, niaouli, Tea Tree essential oils.
Immune system boosting: Ravintsara, Niaouli essential oil.
In natural perfumes: Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang, Petitgrain, Lemon, Mandarin, Cedarwood, Rose Geranium, Orange and Lavender Essential Oils, Sandalwood Natural Fragrance.
- Following centuries of over-exploitation to supply high demands in precious wood, furniture manufactures, and especially from luxury perfumes industry, Aniba rosaeodora, the Rosewood tree, is now on the list of endangered species.
- For the longest time, sawmills provided distilleries with rosewood chips to extracts essential oils, resulting in the massive felling and uprooting of old Rosewood trees in their natural habitat.
- Aniba rosaeodora (Brazilian Rosewood) is now protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES). The felling and uprooting in the wild, the commercialisation of this species wood, in total or in parts, raw or manufactured is illegal internationally.
- The trees that remain in their natural habitats are being closely monitored and are implanted with microchips to fight heavy precious woods contraband.
- New, sustainable practices to save, cultivate and propagate the specie are now implemented, that are seeing the creations of Agro-forestry project and Rosewood farms in Brazil, French Guyana, Madagascar, in and around the Amazonia forest.
- In those plantations, the pruning of young trees is done seasonally to stimulate re-growth and allow light and air flow through the plantations. It is from these fresh pruning that the authorized Rosewood Essential oils are now extracted and commercialized, to ensure the economical rentability of such vital enterprises.
- Studies from those sustainable plantations have established that the essential oils extracted from the leaves contains as considerable amounts of linalool as those extracted from the wood (Between 70-90%). The aromatic signature of both essential oils is similar, with the extract from the leaves having a fresh, petit grain note.
- Most of the perfumery industry nowadays uses synthetic/ “identical to nature” Rosewood aromas in their blends. Those are much cheaper to produce and easily available.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt