HIGHLY ANTIOXYDANT, HYDRATING, SOFTENING. SKIN AND HAIR. ACNE, ECZEMA, PSORIASIS
INCI name ;Vitellaria paradoxa Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter
CAS number ; 91080-23-8
SKU code ; BU-SBC-0200
EXTRACTION METHOD ; Cold Pressed
PARTS USED ; Nuts
ORIGIN ; Ghana
COMMON NAMES : Karite Butter, Shea Tree, Shi Tree
APPEARANCE : Ivory white semi-solid fat
ODOUR NOTE : Characteristic faint odour
QUALITY : 100 % pure and natural unrefined butter.
STORAGE CONDITION ; Store in a cool dark place
COMPOSITION: 54.30 OLEIC ACID (OMEGA-9), 32.10% stearic ACID VIT A, E, D
PLEASE NOTE THAT: Our natural butters may melt naturally around 25 to 30 degrees C.
But do not worry! The melting can change the appearance of the product on the surface but will not degrade its properties. Vegetable butters should become solid again within a few hours (or sometimes days, depending on the butter). We kindly recommend that you store your butters in the fridge in hot weather, and to always keep them in a fresh/cool environment at room temperature otherwise.
++: Highly recommended,
HAIR, SCALP, BEARD AND MUSTACHES: ++
DAMAGED SKINS: ++
MATURE SKINS: ++
+++ Main property;
++ Major property;
+ Minor property
COMEDOGENIC (Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
• COMEDOGENIC: 0
• HIGHLY HYDRATING: +++
• HIGHLY NOURISHING: +++
• REGENERATING, SOOTHING AND PROTECTING: +++
• CICATRIZING AND SOFTENING: +++
• ANTIOXIDANT: +++
• DEEPLY PENETRATING: +++
• ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, APPEASING++
• SOLID AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, LIQUID AT 30C-35C
dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin.
problematic skins, acne, eczema, psoriasis. wrinkles and mature skins.
Used all over Africa, our traditionally cold expressed Refined SHEA butter comes from the nuts of butyrospermum parkii.
The resulting raw butter is then deodorised with water steam and filtered to remove all impurities.
This process of extraction yields more stable shea butters, that will keep for longer and still retain an excellent level of active properties.
Many will prefer this version of our shea butter for its softer smell and ease to blend. Soft and creamy, our shea butter is a universal natural care.
Use it daily with delight, from head to toes. It will melt into your skin leaving it well nourished, restored, glowing and protected.
FOR EASE IN APPLICATION, WARM SHEA BUTTER TO JUST MELT BEFORE USE.
- To restore skin elastic, reduce appearance of scars, stretch marks, cellulite
- To help soothe sun burns and minor burns
- To soothe and repair cracked heels, and damaged hands
- To appease, and repair overly dry skins (eczema, psoriasis) and to help restore skins damaged by acne. Also good for nappy rashes.
- As carrier to essential oils and other active ingredients
- As a hydrating body oil to restore and seal in the skin natural moisture.
- To regenerate atopic skins after shower, swimming, or long contacts with water (hands and finger cracks)
- To protect and restore skins dehydrated by the sun, seasonal temperature (cold and wind).
- In night creams and massage blends to deeply nourish and rehydrate
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
WARNING: These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference works or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytotherapy. They are found there regularly and for many confirmed by observations in scientific circles. However, this information is given for informational purposes, it cannot in any case constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.