Lavandula latifolia var. medikus
THE RESCUE LAVENDER, HELP SOOTHE BURNS, SUNBURNS, VENOMOUS INSECTS’ STINGS & BITES FAST, IRRITATED AND DAMAGED SKINS,
INCI name: Lavandula latifolia herb oil
SYNONYMS: Lavandula spica latifolia
CAS number: 8016-78-2
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation
PARTS USED: flowers
COMMON NAMES: Portuguese lavender, Aspic lavender
APPEARANCE: Colourless to pale yellow clear liquid
ODOUR NOTE: Fresh, camphoraceous, floral, herbal.
QUALITY: 100 % pure, natural, organic, and whole essential oil.
STORAGE CONDITION: keep in a cool dry place, away from light.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Aromatic molecules: 1,8-cineol, camphor.
Compared to other varieties of Lavender, the Spike lavender essential oil has a strong camphorated aromatic signature. Spike lavender is your rescue Lavender, the one to carry on your outdoors adventures or gym kits and keep at hand in the kitchen. Its abilities to soothes all kinds of burns, to calm and relieve wasps, bees, and other venomous bugs bites, and to combat mycoses quickly and durably, is notorious. Beside its anti-toxin qualities, the spike lavender essential oil exhales a fresh herbal and clean aroma, that might not be a favourite amongst perfumers but for wellbeing, it is truly, an exceptional essential oil.
Please read the cautions related to this essential oil in the CAUTION section below.
Aspic Lavender essential oil is highly concentrated in 1.8-cineol, camphor, and linalool.
- Powerful Anti-toxins, Antivenoms: ++++
- Excellent scar repair (cicatrizing) ++++
- Exceptional anti-fungal: ++++
- Good Anti-inflammatory for skin, joints, and muscle: +++
- Good Anti-tussive and in support of healthy nose and throat conditions: ++
- Support healthy Immunity system: ++
- Anti-bacterial: ++
Various damaged and inflamed-skin conditions:
local applications on burns, sunburns, psoriasis, pressure ulcers (bedsores), fever blisters, zona (shingles), chickenpox, cracked skins, minor wounds, blisters.
- Skin mycoses related conditions: athlete’s foot…
- Venomous insects’ bites: wasp and bee stings, caterpillars, centipedes & scorpions’ bites. Also, jellyfish stings…
- Diverse conditions related to ears, nose, and throat seasonal afflictions.
- Discomfort and stiffness related to articulations and joints conditions.
- Moods and nervous wellbeing.
- Head and neck tensions.
Fantastic for this use +++
Acceptable (suitable) for this use ++
- Can be used neat immediately after a sting or on minor burns +++: apply 2 drops on affected area(s), every 5 minutes for half an hour.
- To help soothe skin inflammations, for targeted applications +++:10 drops into 20ml carrier oil. Apply gently on concerned areas.
- Head and neck tensions: 1 drop diluted in 2 drops of carrier oil to massage your temples, and back of the neck.
Massages & body care
Body massages use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) +++
- For joints and muscular comfort +++: add 10 drops into 20ml carrier oil. Apply gently on concerned areas.
- To help breathe better, for chest and back massages ++: 3 drops diluted in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil. Use to friction the chest and upper back.
Face care, skin care
- Face care, skin care +++: 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration)
- In support of heathy skin, for damaged skins and skin prone to breakouts: after washing, apply 1 drop on a cotton bud (neat or diluted in a carrier oil). apply on each pimple morning and night.
Soothing baths ++
First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts
Diffusion and inhalations
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification++: use 10 min 3 times a day.
- Inhale ++: a few drops on a tissue.
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED ON THE SKIN and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
Burns: Tea tree, Rose geranium, Calendula oil.
Sunburns: Rose geranium, Apricot kernel Oil, Calendula Oil
Breathe better: Eucalyptus smithii, Eucalyptus globulus, Ravintsara.
Insects Stings and bites: Eucalyptus citriodora, Spearmint.
Athlete foot, mycosis: Tea tree, Cinnamon, Rose geranium
Muscles and joints: wintergreen, Eucalyptus citriodora, Katafray.
Calming skin: German chamomile, Helichrysum
Damaged skins: Rock rose, Helichrysum
Skin prone to breakouts, pimples: Tea tree, Rose geranium, Palmarosa, Clove, Peppermint.
Head and neck tensions: Peppermint.
Rosemary, Rock Rose, Helichrysum, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Wintergreen, Rosewood, Pine, Marjoram, Petitgrain.
IMPORTANT: This essential oil will help soothe and relieve discomforts and inflammations caused by burns and stings.
It DOES NOT PREVENT ALLERGIC REACTIONS TO OCCUR IN SUSCEPTIBLE SUBJECTS.
If you, or your loved ones, are prone to severely allergic reactions from insects’ venom, advise your entourage of your condition, always watch for the appearance of the warning signs of anaphylactic shock or Quincke's edema: edema of the lips and/or face, tingling tongs, generalized hives, hand and foot itches (within 10 to 20 minutes of the sting), respiratory discomfort, hypotension, and general discomfort. If you have one, always keep your prescribed auto-injector Epinephrine device on/with you AND within accessible reach to others, who will be able to help you.
AS WITH ANY CASE OF EMERGENCY, PLEASE, SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION or GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL!
AMBULANCE RESPONSE IN SOUTH AFRICA: dial 10177
ANY CELL PHONE EMERGENCY NUMBER IN SOUTH AFRICA: dial 112.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt