Vanilla Bourbon Macerated Carrier Oil - 100 ml
Vanilla Macerated Carrier Oil - 100 ml
Vanilla planifolia Jacks. /Simmondsia chinensis
PRECIOUS OIL. AN ALL-NATURAL PERFUMED OIL FOR A BEAUTIFUL SKIN THAT SMELL FANTASTIC. ALL SKIN TYPES. BALANCING TO MOOD AND SKIN: RELAXING, STIMULATING. RECOMMENDED IN ANXIETY, LOW MOODS, MENTAL FATIGUE, PROBLEMS FALLING ASLEEP. SKIN REGENERATING AND BALANCING. PROTECTING AND CALMING TO IRRITATED, INFLAMED SKINS. APHRODISIAC (LIBIDO STIMULANT). DIGESTIVE AND APPETITE STIMULANT.PERIOD PAINS.
INCI: VANILLA OIL INFUSION, BOURBON VANILLA INFUSED OIL
SYNONTYMS: Vanilla planifolia G. Jackson ex Vanilla planifolia Andrews, Vanilla fragrans
CAS Number: 84650-63-5 and 90045-98-0
EXTRACTION METHOD: Infusion of Vanilla absolute in Simmondsia chinensis (JOJOBA) seed oil
COMMON NAMES: Huile/Macerat de Vanille Bourbon, Vanilla oil infusion, Vanilla Bourbon infused oil.
APPEARANCE: golden to yellow brown fluid oil (Consistent with Jojoba oil)
ODOUR NOTE: Typical of Bourbon Vanilla: rich, warm, balsamic aroma
QUALITY: 100 % pure and natural carrier oil.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Store away from heat sources and protected from direct sunlight.
SHORT DESCRIPTION - INTERESTING FACTS:
A synergy of precious Bourbon vanilla absolute, from Madagascar, infused in balancing Jojoba seed oil. A luxurious pampering oil suitable to all skin types.
Bourbon Vanilla absolute is a very precious plant extract in the world of natural perfumes, and its deliciously mouth-watering powerful and sweet aroma is one of the cuddlier “emotional comforting blanket” of all aromas. The scent of Vanilla is indeed renowned for its relaxing, comforting, soothing yet uplifting effects on nerves and emotions. Fantastic aroma set apart, Vanilla seeds also have important antioxidant and antibacterial properties that are really beneficial to skins.
Jojoba seed oil is one of the preferred carrier oils for its capacity, as a special fluid wax, to mimic human sebum, to balance and protect our skin barrier. Jojoba seed oil is also a very stable liquid wax/oil, that is suitable for all skin types, including oily skins, and, used in a great variety of skincare and wellbeing blends.
This infusion all together relaxes, nourishes, and protects, leaving your skin silky, your mind restored, and your body smelling fabulous.
Use the Bourbon Vanilla macerated oil daily, to moisturize your body and hair, as a luxurious massage oil, as a fantastic base to dilute other essential oils or to create your own version(s) of naturally scented and beneficial facial serums and body oils.
- COMEDOGENIC*: 0 (Jojoba seed oil)
- HYDRATING, MOISTURIZING: maintain hydration levels, soften.
- RELAXANT, CALMING, soothing (Vanilla)
- ANTIOXIDANT, CICATRIZING. regenerating (Vanilla & Jojoba)
- STIMULANT: regenerating, boosting, firming, Aphrodisiac/ Libido boost (Vanilla)
- ANTISEPTIC, ANTIBACTERIAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY.
- JOJOBA SEED oil: SKIN PH REGULATOR, SEBUM SECRETION REGULATOR, SKINS SOFTENING (helps restore skin elasticity), SKIN PROTECTOR AND STRENGTHENING, NON-COMEDOGENIC (Fluid wax that coats the skin without clogging pores), NATURAL SPF OF 5, and STABILIZER (Jojoba seed oil greatly improves the stability of other active ingredients - carrier oils, essential oils…- when added to blends and synergies.)
*COMEDOGENIC SCALE (Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
- Used in aromatherapy as a relaxing base carrier oil, by itself or with added essential oils.
- Used in physiotherapy, in mobilization and recovery care soothing massage oils. (Calming, restoring, moral boosting, appetite stimulant)
- Used in relaxing massages to promote sleep and to sooth anxiety.
- As a gift to welcome a baby: Used traditionally (in Mexico and Indian Ocean Islands) to massage new-born babies, and their mothers. (Scientific Studies on the olfactory stimulating effects of Vanillin on new-born apnoea are ongoing in Neo natal and Premature care) (**)
(**) This is reported on traditional uses and practices. To read more on the subject, use your search engine to look for “scientific studies Vanillin effects on Neonatal and babies”. And ALWAYS CONSULT and seek your child PAEDIATRICIAN advice BEFORE introducing any new products. (Search engines do not have medical degrees, nor do they conduct physical consultations!)
- Used in sensual and oriental perfume oil blends.
- Used in non-alcoholic perfume compositions, as an uplifting, comforting soothing aromatic base, for creations reminiscent of sweet childhood tastes, warmth, luxury. Easily Blends with, balances and stabilizes all kinds of aromas (flowery, spicy, woody, herbal...)
- For high end body, facial and hair care.
- As a naturally perfumed body, face, and hair oil.
- In Luxury Spas resorts (Indian ocean Islands), as a massage oil for all type of skin conditions
- In Luxury Spas resorts (Indian ocean Islands), in hand and foot treatments (Pedi or manicure)
- In Luxury Spas resorts (Indian ocean Islands), for facial and hair treatments.
- In Natural deodorant formulas,
- In luxury mature skin care ranges or to prevent premature skin aging: to bring firmness, to boost skin regeneration. To promote an even skin complexion and radiance.
- In luxury skin care for combinations, oily, blemish prone, hormonal break out type of skins: Balancing, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory qualities are used to activate good skin regeneration and healing; to help reduce pimples and scars, and to soothes irritated skins.
- For dry or frizzy hair care, serum, conditioners: applied to nourish, protect, and avoid breakage.
You may want to USE the Vanilla infused oil:
- As is or
- If you find the aroma too strong, feel free to dilute this infusion in more pure Jojoba oil or any other carrier oil you may like or according to your specific targets. (Add from a few drops to 1tsp of this infusion per 30 ml of a neutral scented carrier oil)
- As a base oil to dilute essential oils
- As a nourishing ingredient added to a base cream, in lotions, in conditioners, in aloe vera gel: up to 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla infused oil per 100ml base or neutral cream.
- Blend with other carrier oils. Use with exfoliant kernels or waxes, plant powders and clays to create scrubs, masks…
- For all ages and skin types, including oily skins.
FOR WELL BEING: +++
Use the reassuring and comforting, emotionally balancing and soothing, mood stimulating and muscle relaxing powers of Vanilla in massages blends to:
- Calm and relax, help ease stress, anxiety, energize depressive states.
- Help sluggish digestions and bloated stomach, help relieve nausea, and stimulate appetite (i.e., salivating, appetizing).
- Ease Pre-menstrual symptoms and period pains.
- Boost stamina, enhance libido.
- Help induce sleep, help in case of anxiety related insomnias.
- Apply after Baths or showers, to ease body and minds into a good restoring night sleep.
FOR NATURAL SKINCARE: Body, Face, Hair, Scalp, Beard, Moustaches, Nails +++
Use as is or as an ingredient to create:
- Massages oils for all.
- Massage oil for Moms and Babies (** see up).
- Facial serums and body oils
- Perfumed after bath oils, creams, and lotions.
- After-sun oils
- Naturally fragranced oils
- Nourishing body balms
- Scented oils for hair
- Hair treatments, masks, balms, serums.
- Other carrier oils: your imagination is the limit. Ex:
- Neutral: Grapeseed, MCT coconut oil, Apricot kernel, Almond oil, Sesame…
- For extra nourishment: Shea oil, Avocado, Macadamia, Moringa, Wheat germ, Rosehip…
- Natural fragrance: play around with naturally scented oils like Coconut virgin, Sandalwood Seed oil, sweet meadow, Daisy, Green tea, Roast Coffee oil…
- Skin soothing: Hemp seed oil, Calendula oil…
- For face: Carrot root oil, Hibiscus, Sea buckthorn…
- For hair: with Castor, Neem, Amla, Bhringraj, Pequi, Argan…
- Exotic and relaxing after-bath pamper oil: combine with Patchouli or Ylang-Ylang essential oils.
- For a boost to the morale oil, combine with uplifting Neroli.
- After-sun care: with Aloe vera oil or Gel, Neutral gel, Rosehip oil
- Stress/anxiety relief: with Petit-grain essential oil
- Sleep massages with roman chamomile essential oil.
- Digestive discomforts combine with Basil essential oil.
- A great variety of essential oils, used as a base note, to create Spicy-Vanilla, Floral vanilla, Aromatic/Herbal Vanilla, Fresh-Vanilla, etc… blends.
- For a sensual massage oil: with Ylang-Ylang, Ginger, and Cinnamon bark essential oils.
Only Vanilla from the botanical variety Vanilla planifolia, grown on the Oceans islands of Madagascar, La Réunion, the Comoros, Mayotte, Mauritius, and the Seychelles may be called " Bourbon vanilla”.
The bourbon Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) absolute used in this infusion comes from Vanilla pods cultivated in controlled Agro-forestry operations (to preserve local forests through vanilla production) in Madagascar (Sava region).
The prefix or suffix “BOURBON”, when accolated to some plants and their extracts, is a geographical appellation (AOC-appellation d’origine controlee) and a quality control label.
Other good examples are Rose geranium (Pelargonium graveolens var. roseum) and Vetiver who are called “Bourbon Geranium”, “Bourbon Vetiver” when produced in La Reunion or Madagascar, and simply Rose geranium or Vetiver when coming from and other Countries (South Africa, Egypt, Indonesia…).
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
WARNING: These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference works or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytotherapy. They are found there regularly and for many confirmed by observations in scientific circles. However, this information is given for informational purposes, it cannot in any case constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.