Yuzu ( Citrus junos ) Essential Oil - 10 ml
Yuzu ( Citrus junos ) Essential Oil - 10 ml
Citrus x junos Siebold ex Tanaka
POSITIVING, JOYFULL, VIBRANT. PROMOTES POSITIVE MOODS; APPEASING, RELAXING, SEDATIVE: PROMOTES GOOD RESTFUL SLEEP. AIR CLEANSING. Good BREATHING.GOOD DIGESTION: BLOATING. FOR BODY AND MIND WELLBEING.
In Refreshing and UPLIFTING DIFFUSION to soothe anxiety and calm the mind, stress, nervous tensions, nervous fatigue, General boost in chronic fatigues, burn-outs convalescence;
In anxiety in depressive states, to build confidence
FOR SKINCARE, tired, dull, and devitalized skin. For stress-related skin reactions, breakouts, In Purifying and cleansing Personal care.
INCI name: Citrus juno (Yuzu) peel oil
Synonyms: Citrus ichangensis x Citrus reticulata var austera
CAS number: 233683-84-6
EXTRACTION METHOD: Cold-pressed essential oil
PARTS USED: Peels
COMMON NAMES: Yuzu, Yuja, Citrus juno peel oil
APPEARANCE: colourless to pale orange yellow liquid oil
ODOUR NOTE: Bright, sparkly, deep, and subtle, slightly floral, Tangy citrus aroma with a balsamic dry down, Reminiscent of sour lemon candies. Joyful Top note.
MAIN MOLECULAR COMPOUNDS: 63-90% limonene, (3-20%) g-terpinene, a & b-phellandrene, b-Farnese and linalool
STORAGE CONDITION: COLD and Dark
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS
Yuzu essential oil is one of those staple oils, one we keep reaching out, for comfort and joy.
It is a fantastic all-rounder, powerfully efficient and superbly mouth-watering essential oil.
Its fresh and uplifting aroma is reminiscent of grapefruit, lime, and mandarin.
Yuzu essential oil is altogether a boost for the moral and very relaxing friend, a general tonic for both skin and body and an anti-bacterial protector.
- Anti-bacterial, antifungal. Anti-viral
- Powerful moderator of the central nervous system
- Mind, nervous system Calming and soothing
- Aerial antiseptic
- Digestive tonic
- In inhalations, diffusions Nervous asthma, short of breath, oppressed breathings
- to bring a soothing and calming effect to the emotions: Stress, agitated states, excitability, anger, sadness
- Sleep difficulties, insomnia, anxiety, unrest
- After copious meals, for Bloated stomach, poor/slow digestion, nervous stomach cramps
- In Colds and flu, seasonal afflictions
- To create uplifting atmospheres diffuser blends, in support of depressive situations, bereavement, Deep sadness, frustrations, discouragements.
- yuzu essential oil is used to ease, cellulite, neuralgia, influenza, colds, convalescence, stress-induced skin conditions, devitalized skin, nervous tension, nervous exhaustion, chronic fatigue, and as a general tonic.
- In skincare for all skin types, very suited to oily skins
- In Cellulite “orange peel” skincare, massage formulas
- In Scented products: pot pourri, scented sachets, paper lining…
- In Fresh colognes and eau de toilette Yuzu essential oil fresh and tonic notes are often used in Eaux de Colognes and Eaux fraîches types of light summery and solar perfumes.
For a refreshing and uplifting effect on the body while calming and soothing the mind.
Pure Yuzu essential oil must be diluted before any use on the skin: dilute between 10 and 30% in a suitable carrier (oil, neutral cream, conditioner, liquid soap…)
Massages & body care
- Uplifting, relaxing, soothing Body massages+++ use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration)
- Face care+++: use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration)
- Body & Hair mists or oils+++: care use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration)
- For a pleasant relaxing bath, Japanese style+++ First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine, shower gel, castile soap or 1 cup of Epsom salts. Mix well. Add to your warm water bath and decompress for 20 min
- For meditation, uplift: 1 drop of Yuzu essential oil in 4 drops of carrier oil, on the inner side of the wrists, and breathe deeply and calmly
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, use 10 min 3 times a day. +++pour the number of drops of Yuzu essential oil indicated on the leaflet of your diffuser. Run you Diffuser for of up to 30 minutes periods.
- Cooking +++: 1 drop added cold the buttery or syrupy phase of your preparations, brings a powerful lemony aroma to your sweet dishes. Great in fruits salads, marmalades, meringues but also in your sweet and sour sauces.
- Homecare ++ in Home Sprays, pot pourri, paper lining: for a deliciously scented room
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
1. Yuzu Bath Soak:
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- 5-7 drops of Yuzu essential oil
Mix the Yuzu essential oil with the Epsom salts and add it to a warm bath. Soak for at least 15 minutes to help soothe tired muscles and promote relaxation.
2. Yuzu Body Scrub:
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 10 drops of Yuzu essential oil
Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar. Use the scrub in the shower to exfoliate and moisturize the skin.
3. Energizing Diffuser Blend:
- 3 drops of Yuzu essential oil
- 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop of Rosemary essential oil
Add the oils to your diffuser following the manufacturer's instructions to enjoy an uplifting and invigorating aroma in your home or office.
4. Yuzu Massage Oil:
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 5 drops of Yuzu essential oil
- 5 drops of Lavender essential oil
Combine the oils in a glass bottle. Use this blend for a relaxing and rejuvenating massage.
5. Mood-Lifting Room Spray:
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 10 drops of Yuzu essential oil
- 10 drops of Bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
Combine all the ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use and lightly mist the room for an uplifting scent.
Please remember that essential oils can be potent, so it's important to always use them with care. Avoid contact with your eyes and mucous membranes, and always do a patch test first to ensure there's no skin irritation. If you're pregnant, nursing, or have any health concerns, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider or aromatherapist before using essential oils.
Create a fresh and tonic water by mixing the various notes of citrus (Mandarin, Grapefruit, Lemon ...) with that of Yuzu.
For a feminine floral and fruity scent, mixing sweetness and sensuality, combine Yuzu with mesmerizing notes of Rose, Jasmine, Lily of the valley and sweet fruits such as Apricot or Apple.
Create a masculine composition for seducer by adding spicy and oriental notes and/ or woody notes to the fresh and tonic notes of Yuzu.
Cellulite: Fennel, Cypress essential oils...
Oily skin: essential oils of Tea-tree, Fragonia, Rosemary verbenone, Cedar, Grapefruit, Ylang-ylang Patchouli...
Sleep support: essential oils of Mandarin, Petitgrain, Lavender, Marjoram ...
Blends well with spicy notes, all Citruses, and flowery notes: Cardamom, Nutmeg, Pepper; Basil, & cilantro; Orange; Rosewood, Cedarwood; Lavender, jasmine, rose.
For light Colognes, summery perfumes:
- Feminine citrussy accords with Bergamot, Mandarin, Lime, Grapefruit Cardamom, Coriander Vanilla, Benzoin, Ambrette, Ginger, Vetiver…
- Feminine Floral Fruity Mandarin, Lemon, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Lily of the valley, Sandalwood, Ambrette, Vanilla…
- Spicy woody aromatic masculine: with Lemon, Ginger, Pepper, Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Coriander, Vetiver, Cedar, Ambrette, Pine, Labdanum, Cedar, Vanilla, Benzoin, Sandalwood..
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt