Caraway Seed Essential Oil Organic - 10 ml
Caraway Seed Organic Essential Oil
In diffusions and Rubs for Congested chest and Sinuses;
Good Digestion stimulating massages:
Stomach bloating, nauseas;
Mouth care: natural toothpastes, mouthwashes;
In Diffusion for Energizing blends;
As a Flavour in sauces and Salad oils;
In Natural perfumery to fragrance body soaps, creams, and lotions.
INCI Name : Carum carvi (Caraway) seed oil
CAS Number :8000-42-8
SKU code :
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distillation
PARTS USED: dried, crushed, ripe seeds
COMMON NAMES:, Karavi oil, Persian cumin, Meridian fennel, Huile essentielle de Carvi
APPEARANCE: Colourless to pale yellow liquid oil
ODOUR NOTE: Fresh, herbaceous, and green, sweet minty-licorice, slightly floral, warm, and spicy, with nutty ryebread-like background notes. Middle note.
MAIN MOLECULAR COMPONENTS: Caraway seed oil from Egypt is higher in Carvone (50 to 58%) than those originating from Europe and has more Limonene (38-50%) than Cumin oil.
STORAGE CONDITION: Store in a cool, dry, dark place away from heat source. Keep tightly closed, away from the reach of children and pets.
Caraway oil is often mistaken for Cumin seed oil, but the two oils have a very different aromatic profile and scent. Caraway is more herbal and sweet-floral scented than Cumin oil and can be used in diffusions.
Caraway seeds uses as spice and in wellbeing are documented since the antiquity.
Caraway seed distilled oil was used in ancient Egypt for traditional anointings, in beauty balms, in coughs and chest syrups, for cramps and slow digestions, for joints and muscles pains massages and was included in many perfumed oils.
The European Caraway seed oil is one of the ingredients flavour many northern regional liquors (Kummel, Aquavit, Brennivin…).
- Mucolytic (make mucus more fluid and easier to expulse or cough).
- Carminative (prevent formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract or facilitate the expulsion of said gas).
- Cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile from the system).
- Choleretic (stimulates the production of bile by the liver)
- Highly Aromatic (for flavoring and Perfumes)
- Chest rubs, inhalations, diffusions, in case chesty congestions (catarrhal bronchitis, colds …)
- Stomach massages, in case of difficult digestion, flatulence, and gastric spasms, colic
- Stomach massages for PMS pains and cramps
- Stomach massages, as a stimulant to the digestive system, to help improve the secretion of bile and digestive transits.
- In diffusions, as appetite stimulant
- in savory dishes, to flavor, and make meals more digest
- In Meditation blends with other essential oils: energizing yet soothing calming, relaxing, balancing action on the nervous system.
- In wellbeing synergy blends in support of anxiety, mild depression, lack of concentration, intellectual effort, physical or psychological fatigue, stress, burn-outs and extensive worktimes, nervous related digestion, and intestinal discomfort
- Basil, Chamomile, Coriander, Frankincense, Ginger, Lavender, Mandarin, peppermint, Sweet Orange.
- herbal and woody: Clary sage, Cistus, Sandalwood, Frankincense.
- With Eucalyptus globulus for chest applications
- With Basil essential oil for digestion
- For mouth wash with bay laurel, Tarragon
Massages & body care
- Body massages chest, stomach +++use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (1 to 2 % concentration) to massage tummy, chest, throat and back
- Mouthwash for bad breath, nausea, burps: +++: in a 100ml bottle, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable glycerine and 3 drops essential oil. Mix to dissolve completely and Top with water. Use daily as a mouth rinse or breath freshener.
- Ultrasonic Diffusers in support of chesty situations or stress+++: use 10 min 3 times a day.
- Cooking 1 to 3 drops max added cold at the end of your preparations to brings a powerful aroma to your dishes and help with digestion. Great in savoury oils for salads, potato purees, chutneys +++
For more detailed information, please check the LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVICE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
avoid continuous and high doses. Respect the recommended doses
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt