INCI name: Cedrus atlantica wood oil
CAS number: 8000-28-0/90063-37-9
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation
PARTS USED: wood
COMMON NAMES: Atlas cedarwood, Moroccan cedarwood, Atlantic cedarwood essential oil
APPEARANCE: clear, yellow to greenish/ brownish yellow liquid
ODOUR NOTE: warm, woody, sweet, camphorated, lightly resinous.
STORAGE CONDITION: SENSITIVE OIL: STORE IN A COOL DARK PLACE
Cedrus atlantica Manet
The Cedrus atlantica tree originates naturally from the Atlas mountainous range of Morocco where it grows wild and as tall as 35 m high. It is now cultivated in Morocco, across the Middle East, Northern Africa and transplanted all over the world in organic plantations. Its wood is harvested for timber production. Our Atlas cedarwood essential oil is distilled from the fresh wood chips and barks from organic plantations in Morocco.
MASSAGES, BODY CARE & BEAUTY
• Body massages: +++
• Body care: +++
• Face care: +++
• Baths: +++
• Compresses: +++
• Ultrasonic & Steam diffusion: +++
• Inhalation: +++
• Sprays: +++
• Homecare: ++
- Circulatory, Lymph tonic (reputed to promotes lymphatic drainage and to help fight water retention)
- Powerful lipolytic, (reputed to help with the elimination of congested adipose tissues, to lessen the aspect of cellulite)
- Antifungal and antiviral
- Mucolytic, Decongestant and antiseptic of the airways
- Relaxing and comforting
- Scalp tonic
- Regenerating, restorative, astringent
- Mosquito and moth repellent
- In carrier oils or creams as massages to help with varicose veins, heavy legs.
- In carrier oils to help with bruises, hematomas, contusions, black-and-blue mark
- In carrier oils for fungal or parasitic dermatoses
- In carrier oils for eczema, psoriasis
- In diffusers, in carrier oils applied for coughs, colds, hay fevers
- In carrier oils or creams as massages for joint pain, rheumatism
- In air diffusion for meditation and to promote relaxation.
- In hair care, especially in cases of hair loss, dandruff, or oily type hair. Its ketone content makes it an ingredient of choice for the regulation of sebum and healthy scalp.
- Cellulite, hydrolipidic retentions: Atlas Cedarwood essential oil is often found in the composition of slimming or anti-cellulite skin treatments.
- In creams or lotions, body oil and face serum to regulate and activate the circulation in oily skins
- In natural perfumery men cologne blends
- Respiratory comfort: essential oils of Eucalyptus smithii, Ravintsara
- For heavy legs: essential oils of Cypress
- Joint comfort: With Tamanu carrier oil (Calophyllum inophyllum): Eucalyptus citriodora essential oils, Wintergreen essential oil
- For bruises, contusions, swelling, blue marks: massage with Tamanu carrier oil, St John’s wort carrier oil.
- In diffusers for general comfort and relaxation/meditation: with all citrus essential oils (lemon, Grapefruit. Mandarin, Sweet orange, Neroli…), with Lavender, or associated to other “woody” essences like Amyris, West indies bay, Patchouli or Cypress essential oils.
- Cellulite blends: with citrus like Grapefruit or Lemon essential oils
- Hair tonus blends: Grapefruit, Clary-Sage, West Indies Bay essential oils.
- Dandruff: Patchouli, Bay laurel, Rose geranium, Palmarosa essential oils.
- To keep bugs away, in diffusers: Geranium, Lemongrass essential oils
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt