FOR ALL SKIN TYPES, IRRITATED, DAMAGED, SKINS. SOOTHING AFTER SUN. PAIN.
INCI name ; HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, HYPERICUM PERFORATUM FLOWER EXTRACT
CAS number 84082-80-4 / 8001-25-0 / 8001-21-6
SKU code ; MA-STW-0100
EXTRACTION METHOD ; Solar maceration of St John’s flowers in Sunflower oil
ORIGIN ; South Africa
COMMON NAMES : St John's-Wort, Common Saint John's Wort
APPEARANCE : light Orange / Red to Red / Brown coloured Oil
ODOUR NOTE : slight herbal sunflower
STORAGE CONDITION ; Store in a cool dark place
++: Highly recommended,
+++ Main property;
++ Major property;
+ Minor property
COMEDOGENIC (Causes clogging of pores) 0=NO, 1 to 2 = HARDLY, 3 to 4 = YES, 5= VERY
• COMEDOGENIC: 0
• ANTALGIC: +++
• ANTISEPTIC: ++
• SOOTHING, CALMING: ++
• ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: +++
• REGENERATING, HYDRATING: +++
• CICATRIZING: ++
ALL SKIN TYPES
very SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE AND PROBLEMATIC SKINS (ACNE, COLD SORES, ECZEMA, PSORIASIS…), SUNBURNS, MINOR BURNS, CUTS FRICTION BURNS, BLISTERS AND GRAZES
St. John's wort flowers have been traditionally used in Europe for all their soothing and comforting purposes.
Their infusion in Sunflower carrier oil creates a macerated oil with remarkable properties.
According to traditions, St john’s wort macerated oil, is known to be an effective natural antalgic. Called “the Arnica of nerves”, this macerated oil would help fight pain in neuralgias and sciatica.
Due to its high hypericin content (also responsible for its deep red color), St john’s wort macerated oil is also a potent anti-inflammatory reputed to calm joints inflammations and rheumatism.
Finally, St john’s wort has regenerative and soothing properties that help relieve irritated skins and particularly sunburned and over-exposed skins.
BETTER APPLIED AT NIGHT OR AFTER SUNSHINE HOURS
• To make soothing and calming massages to target nerve inflammations like neuralgias, sciatica, and herniated discs… (with wintergreen and eucalyptus citriodora essential oil)
• As an after-sun regenerating oil for soothing sunburn and minor burns (with calendula macerated oil)
• For de-stressing and relaxing, massage on lower back and foot (with neroli petitgrain essential oil)
• To help with contusions and bruises (with mixed with calendula)
• St John’s wort macerated oil is also a must-have ingredient to help you create a range of soothing and calming skin care.
- Because of its hypericin content, this macerated oil is photosensitizing. Do not expose yourself to the sun within 12 hours of applying it.
- St john’s wort may decrease the effectiveness of certain medications, anticoagulants, birth control pills, etc. Its use will therefore be avoided in this case without medical advice. PLEASE, consult your doctor if you take medication at the same time you wish to use this macerated oil.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
WARNING: These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference works or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytotherapy. They are found there regularly and for many confirmed by observations in scientific circles. However, this information is given for informational purposes, it cannot in any case constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.