INCI name Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
CAS number 8006-90-4 / 84082-70-2
SKU code EO-PPM-0010
EXTRACTION METHOD Steam Distilled Essential Oil
PARTS USED Peels
ORIGIN Italy, India
COMMON NAMES Mentha balsamea, Pepper Mint
APPEARANCE : Clear to pale yellow coloured liquid
ODOUR NOTE : Refreshing, sharp, strongly minty aroma with a deep balsamic-sweet undertone
STORAGE CONDITION ; Store in a cool dark place
For as long as our human history can recall, people the world over have been using Peppermint leaves and oil extensively not only to flavour their meals and drinks but also for their wellbeing.
Today, the tonifying and stimulating, appetising, cooling, refreshing and digestive properties of Peppermint essential oil are still very much sought after by the food and healthcare industry alike.
Our Peppermint essential oil is one of the must-have essential oils in your house. Multi-faceted companion, it helps with colds, congestions, headaches, and migraines. Peppermint essential oil helps soothe bruises, calms nausea and travel sickness, and eases digestion discomfort.
It has a Minty refreshing smell with a kick
Massages & body care
- Body massage use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) localised icing effect +++
- Compresses +++
- Mouth add to mouthwashes or to create fresh homemade toothpaste +++
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, use 10 mn 3 times a day. do not diffuse Peppermint Essential oil by itself. Always mix with other essential oils (1 drop peppermint for 10 drops other) ++
- Spray Add 5 drops of essential oil for 10 ml of vegetable glycerine and add water. dry inhalation: Take a whiff directly from the bottle. Alternatively, 1 drop of peppermint essential oil on a tissue, scarf, collar, or cuffs ++
- Cooking. add to oils for salads or tabbouleh and couscous; add to chocolate sauce and mousse or syrup for ice creams +++
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advice when in doubt
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
- Local analgesic, anaesthetic
- Tonifying and Stimulating
- Antibacterial, antiviral,
- Antispasmodic, stomachic, anti-nausea
- Help with bruises, swellings, oedema, hematomas,
- Soothe pain caused by neuralgia, rheumatism, sciatica, rheumatism, tendinitis
- Calm nauseas
- Help ease skin itches
- Help freshen the breath and mouth hygiene (mouth baths and mouth waters)
- Help with heavy legs
- Calm down in stressful situations, after a chock or a trauma.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt