Litsea Cubeba essential oil May Chang Tropical Verbena 10 ml
Litsea cubeba essential oil, extracted from the berries of the Litsea cubeba plant, is a 100% pure and natural oil with a wide range of applications in aromatherapy and cosmetics.
This exquisite oil possesses a delightful citrus aroma with subtle spicy undertones, making it a popular choice in the world of perfumery.
Its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties make it a versatile ingredient in skincare formulations, especially for addressing acne, oily skin, and large pores.
In aromatherapy, Litsea cubeba essential oil is known for its uplifting and calming effects, making it an excellent choice for alleviating stress, anxiety, and promoting emotional balance.
Historically, it has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to help with digestive issues and relieve muscle pain.
MAY CHANG, TROPICAL VERBENA OIL
INCI name: Litsea cubeba (May Chang) fruit oil
CAS number: 90063-59-5
SKU code: EO-LCB-0010
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation
PARTS USED: Ripe fresh fruit
COMMON NAMES: Mejankari, May Chang, Chinese pepper, Tropical Verbena essential oil
APPEARANCE: thin, clear with a yellow hint, liquid may thicken with age.
ODOUR NOTE: intense, highly aromatic, herbal with spiced citrus/lemon top notes.
QUALITY : 100 % pure and natural essential oil.
Active ingredients: Neral, geranial, limonene
STORAGE CONDITION: SENSITIVE OIL: STORE IN A COOL DARK PLACE
LITSEA CUBEBA (Litsea cubeba Persoon)
Litsea cubeba Persoon is a fast-growing small tree (8m) established predominant in tropical and subtropical regions of India, Southeast Asia, southern China, Taiwan, and Japan. Different parts from the plant such as bark, leaf, root, and fruits, have been used for centuries traditionally all-around Asia.
The fresh green fruit, from which our essential oil is extracted, is used, amongst other purposes, in salad preparation, chutneys, or pickles.
MASSAGES, BODY CARE & BEAUTY
- Body massages targeted: ++
- Body care, targeted ++
- Face care, targeted: +
- Compresses: +
- Ultrasonic & Steam diffusion: +++
- Inhalation: ++
- Sprays: +++
- Homecare: +++
- Anti-inflammatory, Antalgic: +++
- Calming, sedative: +++
- Anti-depressive: ++
- Anti-viral: ++
- Anti-fungal: ++
- Antiseptic, Antibacterial: +
- Insecticidal, insect repellent, anti-parasitic +
Our Litsea cubeba (May Chang) essential oil is traditionally used:
- To help with insomnia, a drop on pillow, pyjamas, or diffusers
- To help with nervous depressions, transient depressions in diffusers or as massage oil applied on wrists (see cautions)
- To calm nervousness and agitation states
- To soothe sore muscles and joints in tendinitis, Arthritis, Arthrosis, Rheumatism (1drop in 30ml Arnica carrier oil)
- To soothe and help with cold sores/fever blister (labial) ( 1 drop diluted in 9 drops carrier oil)
- To help in case of mycosis, acne, very oily skins
- As bug repellent in sprays, on cotton balls, in diffusers.
- In home care in all-purpose cleaners
- In diffusers to clean and freshen the air.
In India, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, and other parts of Southeast Asia, the fruits, roots, and the leaves are used fresh or dried, mashed, brewed in teas, or applied in cataplasm:
- as pain reliever for headaches, stomach-ache, and for symptoms of colds
- to calm insects and snake bites, to promotes blood circulation, to help with skins infections
- after traumatic events or injuries, to calm melancholic states and help overcome transient depressions.
- As an Antifungal and bio-insecticides agent against moths, weevil… used in pantries, villages silos (grains and cereals, dry foods), offices (archival documents, books, libraries) or closets and drawers ( Linen, wool and clothing).
- As an aroma in perfumes and cosmetics
- Litsea Cubeba Energizing Diffuser: Mix 4 drops litsea cubeba, 3 drops sweet orange, 2 drops peppermint in your diffuser.
- Litsea Cubeba Citrus Perfume: Blend 6 drops litsea cubeba, 4 drops lemon, 2 drops bergamot in 10 ml jojoba oil.
- Litsea Cubeba Deodorizing Room Spray: Combine 10 drops litsea cubeba, 6 drops lemongrass, 100 ml distilled water in a spray bottle.
- Litsea Cubeba Refreshing Massage Oil: Mix 4 drops litsea cubeba, 3 drops lavender, 30 ml sweet almond oil, massage into skin.
- Litsea Cubeba Uplifting Room Spray: Add 10 drops litsea cubeba, 6 drops grapefruit, 100 ml distilled water in a spray bottle.
THIS ESSENTIAL OIL CONTAINS HIGH LEVEL OF CITRALS (34% GERANIAL, 32% NERAL, 14%LIMONENE)
AND IS POTENTIALLY IRRITATING TO THE SKIN AND AIRWAYS, DERMOCAUSTIC AND ALLERGENIC. IT CAN STILL BE USED ON THE SKIN (AVOID SENSITIVE AREAS) AND IN DIFFUSERS BUT MUST BE WELL DILUTED.
MAX ADULT DILUTION :15 DROPS PER 30ML/ 2 TABLESPOONS/6 TEASPOONS OF CARRIER OIL
IN DIFFUSERS: 1 DROP/100ML WATER, MAX 3 DROPS FOR 500 ML WATER.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt