Helichrysum Italicum organic essential oil | 10 ml
Pain relief | Contusions | Congestion | Rheumatism | Arthritis | Tendonitis | Acne | Pimples | Eczema | Psoriasis | Muscular pain | Immortelle
Facilitate healing in skins, physical and emotional “traumas”: bruises, bumps, hematomas, wound healing, localized skin damages.
Pains, inflammations, and injury support. Emotions balancing, uplifting. Relaxing. Wellness and skincare.
All skin types. Mature and maturing skins. Damaged skins.
FACILITATE HEALING IN SKINS, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL “TRAUMAS”: BRUISES, BUMPS, HEMATOMAS, WOUND HEALING, LOCALIZED SKIN DAMAGES. PAINS, INFLAMMATIONS, AND INJURY SUPPORT. EMOTIONS BALANCING, UPLIFTING. RELAXING. WELLNESS AND SKINCARE. ALL SKIN TYPES. MATURE AND MATURING SKINS. DAMAGED SKINS.
INCI name: Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle/Everlasting) flower oil
CAS number: 8023-95-8 / 90045-56-0
SKU code: EOHEI0010
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation.
PARTS USED: Flowers
COMMON NAMES: Everlasting, Immortelle, Curry plant oil.
APPEARANCE: Pale yellow to Orange fluid oil
ODOUR NOTE: Herbal, herbaceous, warm, rich, earthy, sweet soft honey. Middle to top note
QUALITY: 100 % pure and natural, organic whole essential oil. For use in Pharma, Aromatherapy, Personal care, Natural perfumery, and Cosmetics formulations in accordance with IFRA guidelines. Soluble in Ethanol and oils. Insoluble in water.
Active ingredients: Neryl acetate, diketones (including italidione)
Approx. Shelf Life: 7 years
STORAGE CONDITION: Store tightly closed in a dry, cool area, away from light. Keep away from children and pets.
INFOS AND INTERESTING FACTS:
Molecular composition: Neryl acetate, Italidiones.
“Amazing, Exceptional” are just a few of the words expressed to qualify the efficiency of this Immortelle essential oil, to soothe skin “traumas”.
This specific variety of everlasting, Helichrysum italicum, originates in the Mediterranean basin where it grows on sandy, rocky sunny slopes. Hailed as “Healer of skins” ,
the flowers have been harvested since the antiquities, to help repair damages to skins fast. Applied to all kinds of bruises and haematomas, contusions or bumps, burns, and wounds, Italicum everlastings flowers have also been revered for their superior circulatory properties. Steam distilled, they produce a pure essential oil that is a fantastic ally in case of varicose veins, heavy legs, and circulatory situations.
Its anti-inflammatory and decongesting qualities are often used to promote the quick recovery of sprained, overstretched, or damaged tendons and ligaments, or to assist in joints inflammations and muscles cramps. With its rich honeyed herbal aroma,
Helichrysum italicum essential oil is diffused to balance and calm anxious minds and help transcend old or new emotional traumas. Everlasting italicum essential oil is included in natural skin care as a powerful regenerating and antioxidant ingredient.
This most singular Helichrysum italicum essential oil is considered one of the precious essential oils. Its remarkable efficiency survives through the ages and traditions and is certainly one of the staple oils to keep at hand in your home natural first-aid box.
click on the recipe to access directly the page
Helichrysum italicum is composed of Neryl acetate and Italidiones components that are specific to this variety.
- Powerful anti-hematomas, Reabsorption, Resorption, Reduction.
- Circulatory, tonic (Anti- phlebitis- vein inflammations)
- Anti-spasmodic, Antalgic and Anti-inflammatory (tissues, veins)
- Scar healing, decongestant, astringent, Regenerative,
- Anti catharal, mucolytic
- Stimulant of healthy liver and pancreatic functions.
- Calming, relaxing
- Detoxifying, draining.
H. italicum also share with all Helichrysums/everlasting the following major properties:
- Antimicrobial, Antiviral, Anti-fungal and Antioxidant properties.
Fantastic for this use +++
Acceptable (suitable) for this use ++
MASSAGES, BODY CARE & BEAUTY
Body massages: ++++
Body care: ++++
Face care: +++
Targeted massages & body care
Dilute Immortelle essential oil into a suitable carrier oil, cream, gel, and massage/apply over the area of concern (face, muscles, solar plexus, temples, neck, stomach…)
- Targeted body massages use 6 to 10 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration) +++
- Face care use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base (0.5 to 1 % concentration) +++
- Purifying, circulatory bath First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts ++
- Ultrasonic Diffusers for balance, calm and uplift. Traumas, shocks. Healthy sleep use 10 min 3 times a day. +++
- Dry inhalation: a whiff from the bottle, a drop on a tissue or 1 drop mixed with a carrier oil, applied on inner wrists. +++
- Will blend well with curry types recipes. To aromatize oils, vinegars, honey, syrups, achar or butter. Use a drop or dollop of your infused base in coconut milk, rice, finished sauces, yoghurt, cream cheeses, salads, roasted vegetables just before serving…++
For more detailed information, please go check this LINK TO Instructions of use essential oils page
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and SEEK MEDICAL AND SPECIALIST ADVISE WHEN IN DOUBT.
SEE OUR PAGE ON PRECAUTION - HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFELY
Localized application, diluted in creams, cataplasm, gel, or lotions for:
- All hematomas, phlebitis, oedemas
- Preventative or after care: bumps, bruises, skin contusions, pinches, hematomas
- Scars, skin healing process after surgery, tooth removal…
- Regeneration in damaged skins Acne, wound healing, skin inflammation or infections,
- Regeneration in Rosacea and redness prone skins
- Prevention of loss of collagen and skin elasticity as a powerful antioxidant. In maturing, mature skin care, Stretch marks…
- Rheumatism, joints inflammations
- Sprains and tendons afflictions, Sports massages
- Stimulating localized blood flow, Heavy legs, varicose veins
- Temples, neck, and shoulder massages to relieve local tensions (headaches…)
- Old and recent emotional shocks or traumas, in diffusion or dry inhalations.
- For hematomas, oedemas, bruises, bumps…: with Katafray, bay leaf, diluted in Arnica macerated oil.
- For face care: rose geranium, rock rose essential oils diluted in a carrier oil, base suited to your needs.
- For joint, muscles, tendons, ligaments massages: with Eucalyptus citriodora, Wintergreen, Katafray essential oils diluted in Arnica macerated oil, St john wort macerated oil and/or Comfrey oil.
- With Evening primrose oil, for good decongestion and drainage.
- For circulatory applications, heavy legs, varicose: with Cypress essential oil. Diluted in Tamanu oil (calophylla).
Local Helichrysums, like our Helichrysum bractieferum, are recognised and popular plants,
hugely used in South African traditional pharmacopeia.
Called Imphepho or Kooigoed (amongst many other local names), these Helichrysums present a different aromatic profile to the Helichrysum italicum, are usually concentrated in 1,8-cineole (like Eucalyptus spp.), powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, decongestant molecules, and are part of the “Easy -breathe” group of Helichrysum.
Their use is remarkably effective in all cold manifestations (coughs, fevers), skins infections and to relax, soothe tensions and cramp pains.
The harvested dried plants are traditionally consumed in infusions, applied in cataplasm, tinctures and balms, inhaled in fumigation, and used in households as natural insects’ repellents.
This 100% pure essential oil naturally contains the following molecules that may potentially cause mild skin irritations, allergies, or reactions to sensitive subjects: Limonene (7.0%), Linalool (3.0%).
If adverse reaction occurs after accidental contact with the pure oil (undiluted), apply some neutral carrier oil directly on the affected area to dilute the essential oil, and wipe with a cotton pad infused with the same carrier/plant oil (almond, sunflower, olive, avocado…).
Continue rinsing with oil and wiping with infused cotton until reaction recedes. Then rinse with plenty of lukewarm water. If irritation persist, seek medical attention. If contact with eyes, proceed like described, and seek medical attention.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt