LIPPIA JAVANICA OIL
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distillation
PARTS USED: Herb/ leaves and flowers top
ORIGIN: South Africa
COMMON/LOCAL NAMES: Fever tea, Cape verbena, Lemonbush, Koorsbossie (Afr), Musukudu (Tsw), Inzinziniba (Xho), Umsuzwane (Zu), Mumara (Sho).
APPEARANCE: pale to dark orange.
ODOUR NOTE: highly aromatic, spicy with sweet mango/ granadilla top notes- reminiscent of tropical fruits drink.
QUALITY : 100 % pure and natural essential oil.
STORAGE CONDITION: SENSITIVE OIL: STORE IN A COOL DARK PLACE
MASSAGES, BODY CARE & BEAUTY
• Body massages: +++
• Body care ++
• Ultrasonic & Steam diffusion: +++
• Inhalation: ++
• Sprays: +++
• Homecare: +++
• Perfumery: ++
• Expectorant, Decongestant: +++
• Antiseptic: +++
• Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory: +++
• Anti-fungal, Insecticide++
• Calming, soothing: +++.
Our Lippia javanica essential oil is traditionally used:
- In diffusers or/ and mixed with a carrier oil, as a support at the onset of flu symptoms, to help ease coughs, chesty conditions, colds, congestions, fevers symptoms.
- Mixed to a carrier oil for a massage applied to muscles and joints, to help reduce pain and inflammations
- Mixed to a carrier oil to soothe and calm skin reactions due to insect bites, rashes, viral eruptions, or minor burns
- Diffused or on pillow, pyjamas collar to induce calm and restful nights
- As a morale booster in stressful times, in diffusers or inhale from tissues, to calm anxiety, to alleviate depressive states
- Mixed to a carrier oil, a few drops applied to scalp, to help eliminate parasitic infestations(lice), sanitize, and reduce itches (scabies, dermatitis)
- As a natural insect repellent, on a cotton ball or square, in closet, pantries and drawers or in a diffuser to keep mosquitos, flees, ticks, moths away.
- In natural perfumery, use to create after-shave and spicy fruity tropical warm aromatic blend
- Add to base shampoo or conditioners for a clean scalp treatment.
- Add to mango butter or to coconut virgin for an fruity coco/mango hair or skin moisturizing treat.
Calm diffusion: with Lavender and Mandarin.
For lice or other scalp itches conditions: with Eucalyptus radiata, Lavender, tea tree
For exotic woody blends: Ylang-ylang, Amyris, West indies bay,
For fresh tonic cocktail of aromas: Litsea cubeba, or citrus (sweet orange, lemon, bergamot neroli…)
To balance spicy aromas: Ginger, Cinnamon bark, Nutmeg, Black pepper essential oils.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt